lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
dangnabit
Not Yet Wild

Default predator 420 valve cover breather

on a predator 420 can i use the breather hose on the side of the valve cover for pulse pump
dangnabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: predator 420 valve cover breather

Using the vent hole is not a good idea cause there's a valve in the cover that only lets air move one way and that's out of the engine. Follow the direction from this web site and your pump will work properly.

https://affordablegokarts.com/pages/fuel-pump-setup
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:54 PM   #3
dangnabit
Not Yet Wild

thanks
everything i've seen so far didn't have a breather hose coming out of the valve cover can i still put the fitting on top of the cover?
Old 08-03-2020, 10:26 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Yes but make sure you drill thru both layers
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:22 PM   #5
dangnabit
Not Yet Wild

thanks again i'll give it a try
Old 08-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

The carb isolator with pulse fitting is great place- you don’t have to worry about getting oil into the pulse line and stopping the fuel pump. Vegas carts sells them for around 10 bucks.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:01 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can on a normal non hemi clone get the smaller npt fitting its 1/8npt and drill in the side down by flange it will go under the partition, its only around a 3/8 hole for that iirc. My 420 has a cam and rod and at high rpm it can get a little oil in there, I have a valve and hose to hook it up differently not done it yet. You can run the carb isolator but on a G9 with stock pump it floods the carb so then have to put a return line on it. I didn't want to so I did the rocker cover. The carb hookup gives a very strong signal at idle.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:18 PM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
You can on a normal non hemi clone get the smaller npt fitting its 1/8npt and drill in the side down by flange it will go under the partition, its only around a 3/8 hole for that iirc. My 420 has a cam and rod and at high rpm it can get a little oil in there, I have a valve and hose to hook it up differently not done it yet. You can run the carb isolator but on a G9 with stock pump it floods the carb so then have to put a return line on it. I didn't want to so I did the rocker cover. The carb hookup gives a very strong signal at idle.
For those of you that need the added return line: wix makes an in-line fuel filter with 1 barb input and 2 out 1 for return and 1 for the carb. Pretty slick and can help clean up the engine bay a little. WIX #33040
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #9
dangnabit
Not Yet Wild

I ordered the carb isolator with pulse fitting getting the filter with the 1 in and two out I'm putting the predator in a 1998 ezgo shuttle i was wondering is there a return line spot on the gas tank or do i have to put one in and if so where
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps