lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #1
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Curved Intake Manifold

In the past I've written Aussie Speed 6-7 times and requested they might start producing a solid curved intake manifold for the big block engines. They make everything for the small block - why not the big? I explained the problems the golf cart builders have with the Yamaha G2 and the lack of clearance for a decent hi-flow air filter. My letters have fallen on deaf ears. Zero response - not even a go sc--w yourself letter to stop bothering us.
I've tried putting together a 3 piece manifold using adapter manifolds and a factory rubber connector. It shuck so bad I was afraid it could come apart at WOT.
Today I contacted NR Racing looking for some used parts and in the same letter asked them if they might be able to produce a curved manifold with a 32-34mm bore - I explained our problems with lack of clearance. I see so many functional and cool parts for the GX 200's and nothing for the GX390-460. If you think this would be a useful product - let NR know you'd like to see them make it.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Curved Intake Manifold

I asked Geoff in 2014 for the same thing. The answer was not enough need. Again it is Yamaha golf carts and not go karts and mini bikes.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I asked Geoff in 2014 for the same thing. The answer was not enough need. Again it is Yamaha golf carts and not go karts and mini bikes.
Take was over 2200 days ago. What about now?
Old 07-27-2020, 03:04 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I think it is down to making some flanges and welding in some curved pipe. It stays together for exhaust systems why not an intake manifold ?
Old 07-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #5
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I think it is down to making some flanges and welding in some curved pipe. It stays together for exhaust systems why not an intake manifold ?
I was actually thing the same think - funny if you ask me. I was talking with my friend Pat - who had got my front suspension plates cut out for me. Water jet cutting - so clean and precious - so perfect. I have to see what charge for 10 pieces and then go from there.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

We are in the ZONE "The Clone Zone " Funny If you hadn't told me about adjustable main jet for the stock carb who knows what might have happened ?
Old 07-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #7
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I've been contemplating something similar. I've been debating getting a flange water cut and welding a piece of 1.5" mandrel bent stainless to the it. For my G2, my goal is finding a way to fit a Mikuni or Keihin carb on my clone as I continue to mod it and add more power.
Yamahama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:21 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

My intake has been working great in the G9. Note the airbox is on the frame not the engine, so the carb does not bang around much. The rubber sections of the intake flex plenty enough as the cradle moves little in the front. Except now I put a slide carb on it. Its 1 1/4 HD brass sink drain tubing, 32mm iirc.

I had no idea if it would work, some said its too long you will have issues. But it runs like a top no problems, starts just like it always did, etc. Far as performance I have no idea, nothing to compare it to. It seems to run fine but I have no way of knowing if it is losing any power. It would be a lot of work to put a carb back on the head if it even would fit there. The intake I made is very short its about 1" total to give me more room from the shock. As you can see I had a lot of room anyway.

Posted a video of it running with new carb. I'm making a lever to connect the cables. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...44#post1745944
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170507_183716.jpg (370.6 KB, 0 views)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Take was over 2200 days ago. What about now?
I agree maybe worth reaching out to Geoff again now as they are more focusing on the installation kits and accessories for installation. Express the need I’m sure he will explore idea. They can easily handle a simple flange and welded elbow...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:04 PM   #10
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am not sure how much room you all have, but in my EZGO I had room to use 2 1/2 inch silicone turbo air piping. It got my filter up above the rear axle. I also added a section with a pop off nipple to connect the valve cover PCV valve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAI1.jpg (143.6 KB, 0 views)
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps