lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2020, 01:04 PM   #1
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Default Front or rear disc brakes

Going to upgrade brakes and need to hear from a few that have been running discs for a while. Does a rear swap give great results or do better adding discs to the front with good drum rear?

Thanks
sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2020, 01:09 PM   #2
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front or rear disc brakes

I started with the cable driven rear disc conversion. I t was better than rear drum but needed adjustment a lot more than I wanted to do. I then put a Jakes front hydraulic disc set up and was so much better, With my set up at that time if I really hit em the front end would want to roll to much. I then added and rear disc ( hydraulic) and got a wilwood master cylinder and plummed it up. The thing now stops on a dime. Depends on what you have, front long travel or axle lift and how hard you run it. Normal stuff I would just go with a jakes front hydraulic.
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:23 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I have front disc brakes on mine, stops on a dime without locking up the rear tires. It's especially helpful off road going down hill. My cart has an atv front end grafted in, so I just used the atv brakes.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 03:13 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I left the stock drum's on the back and added the Jake's hydraulic to the front. I can stop in the middle of a hill now in a reasonable time.

If you wanna stop.....front disc are a must. If your budget is limited, put the disc on the front first and see how you like 'em.

MHO
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #5
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Thanks guys. It is a neighborhood cruiser but a couple of pretty good hills depending on how far we roam. We will be adding a front set in the coming weeks and see if that gets us where we want to be.
sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts