lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 06:57 PM   #11
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: LIFAN vs HF Predator or? Pro vs Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntjake912 View Post
KRAZYMAT, I just ordered the 780 comet clutch. I ordered it from Cart Parts Plus in the 1" belt configuration. I was unaware I could possibly run a 1-3/16" belt on my OEM driven clutch...
I tried to run a 1 3/16 belt on a Club Car secondary clutch and it was riding way too high.....To the point where It was no where near fitting. I ended up using the stock belt for the conversion. You made a good choice
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2020, 08:35 PM   #12
stuntjake912
Not Yet Wild

The more I read up on 1-3/16 belt on a OEM secondary it appeared I made a good choice as Field6565 said.
ON ANOTHER NOTE! I just pulled my KF82 and apon inspection Of my secondary clutch.... it only had one wedge sprag!!!! 2 of them are broken off. How did this thing move before? Anyway I ordered my 1” belt 780 Comet Clutch from Cart Parts Plus this morning... will they take it back and trade on a 1-3/16” Clutch? If I have to buy a new secondary, might as well upgrade? Unless it’s sensible to buy parts to fix my old 1988 secondary....?
stuntjake912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:48 PM   #13
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Buy the better secondary!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:29 AM   #14
stuntjake912
Not Yet Wild

Just got off the phone with Carts Parts Plus, I will be charged a 30% restocking fee for a 1-3/16" swap. Does anyone need a 1" 780 Comet Clutch? Ill sell $40.00 less than their website price. Saves me money on the restock fee and a forum member on new 1" belt 780 Comet Clutch.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #15
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Don't trade your 780 -- it's a matter of moving a snap ring on the outside of the dome to an outer groove. There is no difference in the 780 clutch for a 1" or a 1-3/16"belt -- it's all in the setup and you can change that yourself.
When you mounted the clutch you put a tin cup on before the washer and bolt. There was a snap ring there that needs to be moved out to the outer groove -- then reassembled and wa-la 1-3/16 780 comet clutch.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #16
stuntjake912
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Don't trade your 780 -- it's a matter of moving a snap ring on the outside of the dome to an outer groove. There is no difference in the 780 clutch for a 1" or a 1-3/16"belt -- it's all in the setup and you can change that yourself.
When you mounted the clutch you put a tin cup on before the washer and bolt. There was a snap ring there that needs to be moved out to the outer groove -- then reassembled and wa-la 1-3/16 780 comet clutch.
Shepard, Ive picked up over the years you're a guy with good info. I have no doubt this is correct, I do however have a question with that. When I called to figure out what my options were to Cart Parts Plus. She said oh that clutch didnt need to be machined then. I also heard her talking to a gentleman in the background and he talked about machining down the bevel or taper....
Old 07-16-2020, 11:15 AM   #17
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntjake912 View Post
Shepard, Ive picked up over the years you're a guy with good info. I have no doubt this is correct, I do however have a question with that. When I called to figure out what my options were to Cart Parts Plus. She said oh that clutch didnt need to be machined then. I also heard her talking to a gentleman in the background and he talked about machining down the bevel or taper....
l've been hunting for some pictures of what l'm refering to. The one l found has 3 grooves but there very hard to see. There is no machine work necessary -- don't be coned into sending it back. lf you move the snap ring to the outer groove -- put a belt on it and drive it around and it will work the outer movable shiv to the snap ring. This part is lightly pressed on and won't move by hand but will slide out with a little working pressure.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #18
stuntjake912
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
l've been hunting for some pictures of what l'm refering to. The one l found has 3 grooves but there very hard to see. There is no machine work necessary -- don't be coned into sending it back. lf you move the snap ring to the outer groove -- put a belt on it and drive it around and it will work the outer movable shiv to the snap ring. This part is lightly pressed on and won't move by hand but will slide out with a little working pressure.
found this on Al Gores internet, any help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutchcomparison-3.jpg (96.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #19
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Read through this thread by HBR - https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=135298&page=2 he was the builder who took the picture of a chinese knockoff 780.

lf you check out this picture you can see it has 2 snap ring grooves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comet.jpg (129.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #20
stuntjake912
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Read through this thread by HBR - https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=135298&page=2 he was the builder who took the picture of a chinese knockoff 780.

lf you check out this picture you can see it has 2 snap ring grooves
you're awesome.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps