lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2020, 05:15 PM   #11
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Triumph club car

Yea that’s true rifter. I’m not really building to drag race or anything of that nature. Not saying it won’t be taken to pretty high speeds tho. Honestly the biggest issue I have is fitting the dang thing under the seat with the huge airbox and have ground clearance on the oil pan. Idea was to build an airbox but not sure of how this engine will do changing air intake..
Mrider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2020, 07:19 PM   #12
JRL
Gone Wild

This is the "look" you're going to end up with. I'd keep the engine as far forward, but under the seat, as possible. Watch the height of engine accessories. Then work out the details. I used a factory swingarm for the excellent brakes, dependability, access to replacement parts, and very good ride and handling qualities. That said, it does look a bit funky.
You could chop (mill) the swingarm, assuming chain drive, and weld butt plates to the front and sections and bolt them together to whatever length. The swingarm is probably not the strong item. Lots of flex. I'd build a cradle like a desert racer. Keep it simple. What about reverse? You can buy a reversible sprocket drive.
Rifter has the best overall setup, but the level of skill to build an independent system is way beyond most cart builders level. One if those things that "if you have to ask"....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:49 PM   #13
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Well I don’t think it looks that bad... safety/usability is more important to me than looks. There’s so many ideas running through my head not sure of which to go with. How is the monoshock with weight? Still handle well? And yes I am not at the ability’s of rifter for sure. I can get a Polaris outlaw that has the irs and thought that may be pretty sweet. But haven’t seen it on here so apparently it’s not a very good choice. Dual shocks on the rear and all around great braking system.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:02 PM   #14
JRL
Gone Wild

Rifter's cart isn't IRS. Definitely front IFS. The rear cradle and frame ARE highly engineered.
ATV based 4 corner independent is loose feeling side-to-side.
That's why I went with Kaw 700 SRA Prarie drive over the 750 Brute Force independent. Used Brute 750 V twin engine.
Unless you have some serious off road plans, you don't need 10" of rear wheel travel. That 10" must be added to the static ground clearance.
My cart drives just like a tight ATV. Nice and straight, excellent brakes. Very plush ride. The length allows 3 people on the seat with no problems. The box will carry 50 lbs before sagging. It will not carry people on the rear. Mine was built to use in campgrounds. All Kaw functions are working. 4x4, hi/lo/rev and instruments.
Re Polaris, there are a couple Polaris conversions with lots of pics. Try the search. ATV has reverse!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:28 AM   #15
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I built my 1000 RR cart in 2007/2008, not a lot of choices then on a beer budget. Most everything I used was from Donor vehicles except most of the brake parts. I'm not a Master of anything, I just have a good imagination and a welding machine. Yes I was one of the early Bike engine cart builders, I did finish mine as most do not. If I was to build another one I would do a lot different. I would use IRS, I would use High End ATV front suspension, and probably not more than 500/600 CC engine. My cart was very fast and to be absolutely truthful very dangerous, it was built to go straight line Drag Racing but did not handle well at all. I had way too much power for the size and design of a Golf Cart. I do promote building and I hope you guys build some awesome carts, but build safe and smart.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:42 AM   #16
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Just a quick add, back when I built the 1000 cart I was just beginning my suspension education, I have graduated "suspension school" and gone on to build a few fast good handling cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010316.JPG (173.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0697.jpg (291.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 11692546_851597061584699_2681669496431094615_n.jpg (71.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 72532275_10219802245390150_1083353076045185024_n.jpg (111.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #17
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input guys. I’ve got Polaris outlaw with the irs I think I’m gonna use all suspension and brakes off of it bc before it blew an engine it was a great riding quad. May have to experiment with shocks. I’m used to Japanese engines and this is European. So a good bit of engine difference. So I have to figure out that on top of other stuff
Old 01-11-2020, 09:17 AM   #18
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Also I know a lot of these go unfinished but I don’t give up. It will get finished might take me a year as I only have a little time during the week and Sunday afternoons to do anything with it. I will start posting pictures soon.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #19
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Polaris outlaw, This is exactly the type of rear suspension I would build next if I ever do. The dual shocks can be easily changed to a heavier coil over and a different wheel offset will help wheelbase width. Post pictures!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170601_105554.jpg (169.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #20
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Nice project- looking forward to pictures
Rifter, is that an early sixties Falcon? Just a quess
Attached Images
File Type: png 6A9BB8F3-77E1-4DCA-B61C-C91464B12F18.png (52.8 KB, 0 views)
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps