lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 87 Par Car engine swap help

I hope it all works out for you but also remember that you have 2 stroke gearing in there and with a governed clone 4 stroke there will be a fairly slow top speed. IF it you get it working we will enjoy the pics of your success. On page 2 of my 440 build there is a pic with everything removed and just the engine frame mounts and the clocked rear end. I don't see anywhere near the space needed on the engine cradle for an engine with the rear end reclocked.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2019, 08:40 AM   #12
methodic_khaos
Not Yet Wild

Send me a PM and I can share my build so far... I have attached some images.
(the side view was just to see the angle of the motor on the existing motor mount. I had to make a new motor mount.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1140.jpg (28.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1149.jpg (28.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1157.jpg (25.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2818.jpg (12.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2910.jpg (15.7 KB, 0 views)
methodic_khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:01 AM   #13
pbeach
Not Yet Wild

Sent you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodic_khaos View Post
Send me a PM and I can share my build so far... I have attached some images.
(the side view was just to see the angle of the motor on the existing motor mount. I had to make a new motor mount.)
pbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:52 PM   #14
rider.prider.king
Not Yet Wild

I'm trying to do a pretty similar swap check out this thread. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=163510

Any luck rotating the rear differential? Any tips or tricks or did you just mount the engine on an angle. I asked a guy who had done that and he said it works fine other than it's a pain to check the oil.
rider.prider.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Looks like you cut that tube down on the frame and get the rear more level, a little angle would be ok but that pic is way up there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:41 PM   #16
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The way the engine cradle is mounted you can't change the angle of the engine without literally redoing the back of the frame. Smallblock did one for his bosses cart BUT he really created a new frame. Somewhere on here he posted pics of that build.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #17
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I hope it all works out for you but also remember that you have 2 stroke gearing in there and with a governed clone 4 stroke there will be a fairly slow top speed. IF it you get it working we will enjoy the pics of your success. On page 2 of my 440 build there is a pic with everything removed and just the engine frame mounts and the clocked rear end. I don't see anywhere near the space needed on the engine cradle for an engine with the rear end reclocked.
If I remember correctly the Harley cart engine has a power curve very much like the yamaha G1 and it basically has the power band of a 4 stoke. comes in around 1,500 rpm and is done around 4500. I briefly had a harley cart that was had been swapped to a honda Gx and it topped out around 15 IIRC

i had planned on swapping in another 2 smoke but ditched the cart before that
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big block, for sale, help needed, par car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps