lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2014, 04:34 AM   #21
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Dual Action Heavy Duty Overload Leaf Spring For CC Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoGuy View Post
How did these end up riding? I think I may need to replace my rear springs because even without a load they are sagging. Makes my cart feel like its surging when I take off because the rear sinks and then flops back up.
RhinoGuy,
I got the tires/rims, springs and rear seat installed. I test drove the cart before the rear seat was installed and I really did not notice a difference in the ride from the OEM springs. I installed the rear seat kit and the ride still feels the same.
I do notice the cart feels more stable when myself or a passenger climbs aboard because it does not crouch or shift to the side as much.
Highly recommend the dual action springs.
I purchased the springs and bushing kit from site sponsor JasonsGolfCarts.com
crunchman
crunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #22
lunaticrider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Dual Action Heavy Duty Overload Leaf Spring For CC Precedent

Did the overload springs add any lift?
lunaticrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #23
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticrider View Post
Maybe 1/2"
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #24
lunaticrider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That's fine, I noticed some other guys were saying that there HD springs gave them another 2 inches. I just wanted to check as I've already added an extra 1.5 inches of lift in the back with some homemade parts...
lunaticrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #25
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Over load springs are different from heavy duty springs. I think I got about 1 1/2 in with my heavy duty springs.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #26
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticrider View Post
Just like scotterman said..The original single leaf is 1/4" @ the thickest part and the new dual action heavy duty 3 leaf are 7/8" @ the thickest part = 5/8" additional lift.
crunchman
Old 07-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #27
RhinoGuy
Not Yet Wild

I installed mine yesterday. The ride is not noticeably different and I gained around 1" of lift.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
RhinoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #28
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

RhinoGuy,
I am glad the Heavy duty dual action springs worked out for you. I think the springs ride nice too.
Did the springs take care of that surging and sag feeling you had felt prior to the new springs?
crunchman
Old 07-26-2014, 08:18 PM   #29
RhinoGuy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
RhinoGuy,
I am glad the Heavy duty dual action springs worked out for you. I think the springs ride nice too.
Did the springs take care of that surging and sag feeling you had felt prior to the new springs?
crunchman
I think so. I also had a shock mount broken. I fixed the shock mount and put the springs on at the same time. The cart is driving pretty good at the moment.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
RhinoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car