lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2014, 01:53 AM   #31
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Finally got a G1!

Hey guys! Been way too long and way to crazy. Long story short. Tax returns we got a nice 5 bedroom 3 bath home on a fully fenced 2.5 acre lot. One nice old lady next door that uses her western golf cart to get around on. No one on the other side and miles of open land across the street. The G1 is still at my families place we were staying at 3.5 hours away. But I did get my G2 and the club car limo cart down. I've put some serious hours into the G2 in a shop that really is bigger then I deserve. I've spent the last few mornings gathering pics of it from the time I got it up till now and will be doing a thread on it tomorrow. I will add a link here over to it. I gotta say G2 on 24" tires with Polaris 4 stroke power is more fun then I expected.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #32
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

dont keep us in suspense for too long here......
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #33
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Gotta love computer crashes but at least I keep my pics on other hard drives. Any ways no more waiting. Time to meet my G2 http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ml#post1051809
Old 01-02-2015, 01:52 AM   #34
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well I FINALLY got the G1 home from up north. Borrowed my brothers truck and spent 8 hours driving Christmas eve. I'll be starting the mods on it soon. I've got a 48v club car setup and I'm wondering any one wants to trade all or some of the parts for G1 parts. I've got a lester 16800 model 21 amp 48v charger, Stock 48v controller with wiring (dash mounted toggle for FnR) and a stock 3.5hp 48v motor. The motor has a loose pole but it all worked when pulled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131006_181021.jpg (149.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131006_181038.jpg (108.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131006_180934.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131006_181120.jpg (98.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #35
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cool Jon. I have to get caught up on your builds.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #36
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Joe. Better get started cause very soon things will be moving fast on my G2 (ecotron efi and turbo install on the Polaris engine and welded rear end), my wife's villager 6 club car limo and this G1. My shop is setup the carts are all here and I've been collecting parts. Now that my father is home time to get my but in gear. And once the VA comes through the first ever mobility scooter build. Small lift, bigger tires and hopefully sending off the motor to PQ for a bit of what they do running lithium leaf batteries.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:59 PM   #37
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Found the charging problem with the cart. The small green ground wire coming out was grounding out. And when we opened the back of the starter gen one of the screws that holds brush holder in place was out and bouncing around in the starter/gen. A miracle it even started and ran.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #38
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My cousin moved in with his wife and daughter and their stuff has been in the garage. Got it cleared out and finally fixed the wiring issue. So know it charges its own battery. Next is lifting it. After that I'm going to drop my spare G2 rear end in for a mechanical reverse. My daughter has been watching me play with my G2 with the Polaris HO motor in it and she said she'd really like a Polaris 250 2 stroke in her cart. Since that engine and her cart both self mix.

Tags
cart, daughter, golf, project, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha