lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
litltman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default is this wishful thinking

hi to all, I hope this is posted in the right place. I have an old melex cart. 3 wheeler. looks rough. runs great.runs on three 12 volt batteries. is it possible to somehow install a generator that will charge the batteries as I ride the cart. resulting in not having to plug in and recharge at the end of the day. or is this wishful thinking. I remember, when I was a boy, I had a bicycle that had a headlight on it. a wire ran from the wheel to the light. as I would ride, the light would work. however, there were no batteries for the light to store energy in. makes you think. dont it. any advise, or remarks. come on guys, what do you think. have a blessed day
litltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: is this wishful thinking

It is wishfull thinking. If you recall, when you engaged that bicycle generator it created significant drag on the bicycle. Multiply that by 10,000 or so for the kind of energy needed to replenish the battery pack of a golf cart.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
litltman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the reply.I knew that I was on the wrong track somehow. oh well. I will keep trying. have a blessed day
litltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Thank you. And also with you.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts