lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
dezertboyjd
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring Briggs 7hp in Melex cart

Hey everyone new to the forum and looking for some help. Ive got a Melex golf cart with some little odds and ends done. I installed a briggs and stratten 7hp four stroke engine with a starter/generator. I have made my attempts at following the melex wiring diagram with little to no luck. The motor does crank and fire as long as the starter button is held. Once it is let go it dies. Im looking for someone to give me some input or diagrams to properly wire this cart so I can finally drive it.

The starter generator is a GSB107-40A 12v .9hp. Cart also has a new battery.
dezertboyjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
dezertboyjd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wiring Briggs 7hp in Melex cart

Here is some pics of what i am working with. Looking from the rear of the cart forwar: Back of starter there are 2 terminals, on the right side there are 2 terminals, and on the front side there is 1 terminals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-08-19_15-40-49_793.jpg (87.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-08-19_15-41-01_29.jpg (93.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-08-19_15-41-45_394.jpg (88.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-08-19_15-42-15_473.jpg (88.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-08-19_15-43-19_829.jpg (79.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
dezertboyjd
Not Yet Wild

Also the cart will only fire with starting fluid. It has a brand new fuel pump, filter, spark plug, and cleaned carb. It is producing great spark the way I have it wired I just know its not complete since it dies when I let go of the starter button.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
mginwyo
Not Yet Wild

if it fires with starting fluid, I say we still need to determine if its spark or fuel. Test and see how long you can keep it running with starter fluid. if its longer than your 100yd drive, look at fuel, and possibly a stuck needle valve or clogged jet in the carb

if it runs just a short time after starting but you cannot keep it running with starter fluid, then likely is a spark issue. track down ignition testing spark and the plug.
mginwyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts