lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
cvingr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default The Beast Motor Question

Hello All! I am wanting to replace my factory 3.1 48v motor with the D395.Can I wait to replace the speed control and upgrade the solenoid and f/r switch, or do they HAVE TO be done all together? Any input would be appreciated. The Cart is a 1996 Club Car with a lift and 22in. Tires.

Thanks!
cvingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: The Beast Motor Question

If I remember correct the beast is a torque motor. If so, I would upgrade controller first with 4ga wiring. Then if you need more, upgrade the motor.
Do they have to be done together???? If you add aftermarket upgrades, stock components will show their weakness. They don't have to be together but you won't realize the full effect of upgrades. You can be left stranded with burnt out components. Upgrades carry alot more amps/voltage that stock parts were not made to handle. Good luck, and keep the check book handy.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The beast motor is the lowest RPM/highest torque motor on the market. (That I know of) It will work with the stock controller BUT do not expect to gain anything. In fact you will loose speed. The beast motor naturally doesn't use alot of amps so you can upgrade the other components later but I do suggest you upgrade at some point in time soon. Up the voltage to 48 with a high amp controller and you will gain a little speed and alot more torque.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

the Beast with a controller upgrade on 48vs should be around 18-20 mph..... I use it in hunting cars all the time with an alltrax 400... I've also seen the people that use the beast and don't change controllers and wiring...... it smokes the controller and wiring if you try to use the torque the beast should have..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum cvingr....................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:19 AM   #6
cvingr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info, I should have mentioned, my stock motor died, so It has to be replaced and did not want to put another stock one in. I have built all new 4 ga. wires. But would like to upgrade in steps. If not possible, I will do all at once.
Thanks again for the help!
cvingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

I would do it all at once, and sell the used controller in the parts for sell section of this forum.. Might help offset the cost a little.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car