lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default no meat this year

Deer season came to an end and I have no meat in the freezer. I passed on at least 100 does and many small bucks. I let two 8 ptrs walk early in the season, looking for the big DADDY.
I shot a doe my last evening of hunting but could not find. Decided to look for it in the morning since temps were below freezing. I found her the next morning , but so had some other animal during the night. Its skin was pulled off the meat in several places and the meat had been chewed on. I let it lie where it was.
The season can be summed up in one word, fantastic. I saw a lot deer, squirrel, hogs, birds, 1 coyote, bunches of armadillos(bang). I had birds fly into my stand and scare the **** out of me. I also was able to see how the deer moved from the woods to my food plots as winter set in. Makes me feel like the expense was worth it.
Hunting is a wonderful experience, and I strongly suggest to any father here to take their kids hunting. In Georgia there are multiple WMA to hunt with minimal fees. The experience will last a lifetime. Outta space. Cpg2
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: no meat this year

Page 2

I wish I'd shot the big 8ptr.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad you had a good season (since you're okay with not harvesting anything). That is good advice about taking your kids hunting. My dad took me a very few times when I was a kid, and didn't get into real hunting until I was married and went with my paw-n-law. Then it was deer, rabbit, and turkey. Great times!
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Bambi..... you can come out now.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good work Mike, Few critics realize it is the hunters who improve and maintain the wildlife habitat
Maybe next year
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
wrenflyer
Gone Wild
Club Car

We had a grand time hunting this year. I used to hunt a lot growing up, but as life got busier I stopped. Fast forward to this year and my 10 year old wants to start hunting more. I have 110 acres at my house and my brothers (Not working currently) planted us a couple of food plots and put up 2 nice shooting houses for us. I simply can not thank them enough! We had a great time seeing lots of deer and my son got his first 2 deer this year! One button buck and a 7 point!

Check out the grin on this kids face.

wrenflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
Buford
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Some folks get hunting mixed up with killing.
I didn't kill a deer this year, didn't kill a deer last year, might not kill a deer next year but I hunted alot and enjoyed it alot too.

Buford
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #8
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
Page 2

I wish I'd shot the big 8ptr.
I did the same thing passed on some decent ones waiting on the monsters saw one huge 14 pt with double drop tines at about 50 yards heading straight twords me then turned never saw him again. wish I would have launched an arrow but was hoping for a closer shot. But the last 2 days of the season I got 2 does so I got some meat but still nothing compared to a nice 300 pound buck. Better luck next year I guess
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
willie
Getting Wild
Club Car

I can say I had better luck than some of you. I shot the buck of a lifetime this year@ 35 yds with my bow. Non-typical with 19 scorable points, one of them an 18" drop tine. 191" gross. weighed 310lbs. My 4th Pope and Young. I too like most passed on lots of up and commers. The only way to see the big ones is to let the little ones go.
willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
KENNETHC
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It Was A Good Season For Me And My 2 Sons. 12 Yr Old Got His 3rd Doe. 10 Yr Old Got His 1st Deer Small Doe. I Also Agree Hunting Is Not About Killing. Its About The Hunting, Kids, Good Friends. I Also Was On A Dry Spell. Got A 9 Pt This Year. First Deer In 4 Years. But I Will Tell You Now The Kids Getting Their Deer Makes My Season Complete Even If I Dont Get One.
KENNETHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing