lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2023, 10:39 AM   #1
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 g29 at a stand still need help

Hello all,

I just had batteries replaced for 48 volt. While driving cart off trailer wheel was caught on other batteries on trailer . They decided to back up and the cart was hung on battery and it bounced back and forth and then stop running. It sound like it clicks on when you turn key on then it clicks off. You can move the cart by pushing and it will click on and back off . I do believe I am getting power to solenoid and to controller but it kicks back off. The cart will roll with tow switch on or off. Thank for any ideas of problem in advance
Deleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2023, 10:59 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 g29 at a stand still need help

It's either the motor or controller. You need to diagnose with a DVM first to make sure you have full battery voltage getting to the solenoid even after it clicks. If that cart was used much, and it has a stock Hitachi motor, it's likely that the brushes are shot.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 04:21 PM   #3
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello Volt,
I was hoping you would reply. I am heading back to the house to troubleshoot what you told me. I do no it will click on and then a couple seconds later it clicks off again. If I just push the cart back a little it will click on and then click back off. It doesnt move when you mash pedal but it will click again. This is my grandmothers cart she bought last year all by herself . She couldn't get anyone to help her she lives about 150 miles away so I went and got the cart. I know it has some road miles back tire are going bold and they are after market rims and tire. 14" rims low pro tires. She is planning on going to the beach next weekend and I pray I can get it back to her without costing either one of us a ton of money. So I thank you fore helping
Old 04-22-2023, 07:04 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would bet that the motor brushes are shot and that's why it doesn't run. Unfortunately, often the motor is pretty damaged by failed brushes. When you push the cart and the solenoid clicks in, does it resist your pushing? If not, that is another indication of a failed motor. (or controller) There are some threads on how to test the motor but if it's the original stock motor, I would pull it and examine the brushes and the commutator.
Old 04-29-2023, 10:21 AM   #5
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey Volt

I tested continuity of A1 and A2 on motor and there isn't any continuity, so it looks like brushes are most likely the culprit. I will take motor out and take it apart to confirm. Do you think the Hitachi motor is worth saving or do you suggest a aftermarket motor and replace? This cart doesn't need to be modified for speed or more torque. My grandmother needs something reliable to take her around the campground at the beach where she spends a lot of time at. As far as the controller hoping there isn't any issues, I guess I will know once the motor issues is fixed or replaced if needed. If you think motor and controller should be replaced or if that any of them have to be replaced any suggestions on the best economical combination would be to keep it all pretty much stock.
Thank you in advance you are always a big help
Old 04-29-2023, 11:47 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Take a look at it. If the commutator is all chewed up, go with a new replacement. I went with a D&D motor. If it has standard 12.5:1 gears and standard size wheels, I would go with a D&D ES66C-33 for Yamaha Drive cart. Make sure you get the correct connector for the speed sensor. I ordered mine direct from D&D and it cost $345 plus $121 for handling. There are other motor options but that is the one I have direct good experience with. The cart I put this motor in is a 2009 G29.
Old 05-01-2023, 03:01 PM   #7
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hitachi Motor damage.pdf

Hitachi Motor damage 2.pdf

Hitachi Motor damage 3.pdf

Hey Volt

Looks like you are on spot sir. Looks like time for new motor. 12.5:1 ratio originally but I know the tires and rims aren't stock. They are 205 X 30 X 14 low tires and rims. I haven't been able to find the motor you mentioned at that price. Do you remember where you bought it from? I hope this hasn't caused any other issues with cart. Grandma is sweating with cost... Fixed incomes aren't easy. Of course labor is free and I will help where I can with parts.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:44 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I bought mine directly from D&D. Call them and they will take your order.
Old 05-01-2023, 05:41 PM   #9
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for all you help Volt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha