lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2023, 10:18 AM   #11
cssnms
Getting Wild

Default Re: Performance enhancement - motor replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
Well, you don't have to go that fast. I've got that motor and a 300a Alltrax in a G22. Cruise at 25, 30 if I want it.
It's my kids I'm worried about. Does he sell other motors or only the one that would make my cart go 35?

I think Scottyb sells a few different motors with varying degrees of performance.
cssnms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2023, 10:20 AM   #12
cssnms
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
it shouldnt need to be adjusted unless it was turned down for some reason. Honestly though, checking and adjusting the settings is extremely simple with a laptop and usb cable.. There are you tube videos that explain what setting do what. And you can even drive around in monitor mode to get a real idea of how much power your cart is actually requiring and using in real time.. You might want to do that now because you might be surprised.
Thanks I may just try that. Scotty programed it so assuming I'm getting max performance for speed out of it. Very linear take off, not torquey.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:41 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just get the standard replacement motor and that will keep you at about the same speed. If you have the Alltrax you can install a profile switch to setup a kids mode.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 12:47 PM   #14
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
It's my kids I'm worried about. Does he sell other motors or only the one that would make my cart go 35?

I think Scottyb sells a few different motors with varying degrees of performance.
https://plowmanscarts.com/carts.cgi?...1659545253&v=2

The Alltrax has the ability to program several driving modes. A kids mode.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 04:37 PM   #15
cssnms
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Just get the standard replacement motor and that will keep you at about the same speed. If you have the Alltrax you can install a profile switch to setup a kids mode.
I don't want to keep the speed the same, that's why I am diligencing alternatives. My stock motor works fine, just looking for a little more than it has to offer - something in between where it's at now and say 35 mph.

It seems there are other motor options besides the Plowman motor. Wondering if anyone has experience with some of these other motors???
Old 04-10-2023, 04:42 PM   #16
cssnms
Getting Wild

Quote:
https://plowmanscarts.com/carts.cgi?...1659545253&v=2

The Alltrax has the ability to program several driving modes. A kids mode.
Thanks for that information, did not know that existed but just further adds to the cost. I'm trying to keep this as simple and economically practical as I can so to the extent there is another motor option that would provide a bit more oomph and speed over stock it's something I'll throw into the mix for consideration.
Old 04-10-2023, 04:52 PM   #17
cssnms
Getting Wild

This motor seems like it might be good option for my set up....

FSIP High Speed $588

Stock # FSIP-YMspeed

5.5 hp High Speed Motor with 10% torque boost
Use with stock or 400 - 500 amp controllers
27 mph on 48v volts with Alltrax control & stock size tires
with a 6000 max rpm as suggested by factory
Higher speeds with taller tires
Use with 2g cables for best results
Old 04-10-2023, 05:06 PM   #18
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Thanks for that information, did not know that existed but just further adds to the cost. I'm trying to keep this as simple and economically practical as I can so to the extent there is another motor option that would provide a bit more oomph and speed over stock it's something I'll throw into the mix for consideration.
Your Alltrax already has this ability...

https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 05:10 PM   #19
cssnms
Getting Wild

Quote:
Your Alltrax already has this ability...
Yes, it seems it requires a $159+ control to hook up to the Alltrax so that speed etc can be adjusted/controlled. It's more for the control with the lock out key for profile settings.

I guess maybe your saying I can just adjust it via a laptop to cap the max speed to something other than 35 mph?

Why not just buy the FSIP motor referenced above and not have to deal with the added step of messing with the programming? 27 mph is more than fast enough for me.
Old 04-10-2023, 08:11 PM   #20
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
If you have the Sr series controller a 99cent on off toggle switch is all that's needed to enable a kids mode that's already a standard feature in your alltrax controller. If you have a different controller it's possible the switch won't work I'm not sure
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha