lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2023, 11:06 AM   #1
emo666
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default conversion works great

Peoples-- just wanted to let you all know that going solid state on an older cart is really worth it.
I started this project 1 year ago when I made the big decision to spend around 3 grand on parts or buy some ones well used cart. At first I thought it was too complicated and over my electrical experience. So I bought a kit from cartsunlimited that had --new throttle (pedal) --starting solenoid- Alltrax controller--this came with pretty easy to read instructions. I then went to "antique golf cart parts " and purchased a brand new "high torque motor and "adapter" and was given a Forward and reverse soleinoid and bought a push button switch from Amazon. bought #2 wire for motor and solenoids. also bought a hydraulic crimper and heat shrink tape for the wires. My experience with cartsunlimited was great as all my e-mails were answered. I also used Alltrax as a verbal check point as cartsunlimited is E-mail only.
ALTRAX CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.
I now have an 1977 Marketeer all steel golf cart that is not beautiful to the eye but will run great for along time.
P.S I also had installed a lithium ion 36 volt battery before converting every thing else.
emo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!