lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2020, 01:11 AM   #1
blacksunshine52
Not Yet Wild

Default Please Help Newbie 2009 G29 YDRE Brake Noise

I have a 2009 Yamaha G29 YDRE that makes a grinding noise when coming to stop. I was told at the dealer that I have a brake system that is included in the transaxle and it is a bad system that can't be fixed and will eventually just give out. They are telling me its time to buy a new cart. Before I do that, does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thank you for your help
blacksunshine52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Please Help Newbie 2009 G29 YDRE Brake Noise

Could you describe the sound as a squelch when the cart stops? If so, see the other thread you posted in. Yes, the brake frictions can be replaced, but it's more expensive than a regular brake job.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #3
blacksunshine52
Not Yet Wild

Yes... definitely would describe it as a squelch. I saw the other posts on how to fix it but it doesn't sound like something I would be able to pull off myself.

So what is your best guess as to how much it would cost to fix, and then, is it something that should last quite a while? I'm just wondering why I am being told the cart is basically worthless.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:42 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

The cart is not worthless. Have you seen my thread documenting the set that I rebuilt? One of the site sponsors sells the kit for way less than sourcing the parts from Yamaha dealers.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:32 AM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

The ones that say "worthless", say so because they dont want to/know how to work on that axle, plus, its supported poorly by yamaha these days (no new complete axle assemblies, and remaining parts expensive). I will continue to service that axle for my customers as long as I can. The way things went, i am glad I saved every good part out of the scrapped "white tag axles" that failed back in the day.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:12 AM   #6
blacksunshine52
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the responses. This is the inherent problem I have with forums. I jump in after everyone has already discussed / dealt with the issue I had and unless they document every step, I pretty much need to start from scratch.

Yes I have seen other threads dealing with this issue, but I don't have the first clue on where to begin. Wish there was a youtube video on how to remove the transaxle and crack it open.

The dealer has me by the short hairs because of my lack of knowledge on how to fix this myself.

Again - thanks for the messages, I guess I will research other options.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:54 AM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunshine52 View Post
Thank you for the responses. This is the inherent problem I have with forums. I jump in after everyone has already discussed / dealt with the issue I had and unless they document every step, I pretty much need to start from scratch.

Yes I have seen other threads dealing with this issue, but I don't have the first clue on where to begin. Wish there was a youtube video on how to remove the transaxle and crack it open.

The dealer has me by the short hairs because of my lack of knowledge on how to fix this myself.

Again - thanks for the messages, I guess I will research other options.

I wouldn’t let it scare you too much. There’s some heavy lifting (motor and axle assembly) and some tough bolts, but it’s not that difficult, and makes for a fun day project. Did you see the thread I made a few years ago documenting the process? I also wrote where to get the parts very cheaply.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #8
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=145219
Old 03-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #9
blacksunshine52
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the link. I may try to tackle this next week. First, I want to make sure I have the correct oil with friction modifier. Any ideas on what the name of that is and who sells it? I am going to change the oil regardless.

Thanks again for all of your help!!
Old 03-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

ACC-SHAFT-PL-32

Yamaha part number for the fluid you need.
Get 2 bottles, 1 isnt enough.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha