lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #1
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ignition question

OK, I was helping a friend with a water heater issue at a trailer park. I needed an adjustable wrench and got one from his neighbor who has a 4 stroke EZGO (looks like a marathon). All I know is it is a 2 cylinder 4 stroke and does not run. She said she was told no spark.
So I am wondering how the ignition works on these. Does it have 1 or 2 pick up coils? I am wondering if GM HEI ignition modules could be used to replace any expensive EZGO CDI boxes.
I have not looked at this at all except to pull the seat back and see 2 plugs up top and hear her say "no spark" so in reality I do not know if it has spark or not, just going by her say so.
She does not drive, and would really like to use this around the trailer park, and I would like to help her out if I can.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ignition question

One pick up (pulsar coil) by the flywheel, sends signal to the ignitor module (under the black plastic control box cover), that sends the signal to the ignition coil. It's a wasted spark system (fires both plugs at once). Those are a good candidate for a HEI conversion as long as you have a good trigger signal from the pulsar coil. If I remember right it should be a half volt or more A/C current.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ignition question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
One pick up (pulsar coil) by the flywheel, sends signal to the ignitor module (under the black plastic control box cover), that sends the signal to the ignition coil. It's a wasted spark system (fires both plugs at once). Those are a good candidate for a HEI conversion as long as you have a good trigger signal from the pulsar coil. If I remember right it should be a half volt or more A/C current.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO