lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
Louie L
Not Yet Wild

Default Factory pedal start with recoil start clone

I have looked and searched without a real answer.

Can any one advise if a Powerland 420 recoil start clone will work with a factory 1989 Club Car starter generator?

I understand there are custom brackets to be made in order to install the starter/ gen on the new engine.
Louie L is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Factory pedal start with recoil start clone

Should be fine, you'll need a pulley between the engine and clutch to run the starter belt off of, a bracket for the starter, and a slightly longer than stock starter belt (mine ended up being 3/8 X 32 5/8 in order to have the starter clear the dipstick on the front of the motor). Contact Vegascarts, they have the brackets for the 390/420/460 clones all ready to go as well as the pulley you'll need. Depending on the rotation of the original motor vs the new clone, You *may* have to reverse the polarity to the S/G which shouldn't be an issue.

What You'll also want to do is back off the idle screw on your carb so that when You release the pedal the engine kills itself, then the whole setup will work exactly as the pre-cloned cart did.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
Louie L
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Louie L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:29 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Use a stock clutch (that has a pulley) with an adapter, or aftermarket clutch with a pulley mounted behind the clutch.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:17 AM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

my predator 420 had recoil starter and electric starter when I got it. I removed the electric starter and used the club car (1991 ds) starter generator with it. had to make few custom brackets for it but it did work. I have since reinstalled the predator electric starter.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps