lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #1
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2022 Drive 2 PTV - Powertech AC - Increasing speed

I just purchased a 2022 Drive 2 PTV Powertech AC. It says the top speed is 19 MPH. Is there a way to increase the top speed via high speed code or reprogramming the stock controller, or do I need to upgrade to an Alltrax or Navitas controller? I'm hoping to get between 22-25 MPH max. It has the 4 wheel independent strut style suspension, and I'm using it for flat street only, so I am not planning on adding a lift.
cnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2021, 04:31 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2022 Drive 2 PTV - Powertech AC - Increasing speed

A speed code or freedom mode gives you 19 - 19.5 mph, that's it. Reprogramming of the stock NEOS controller... i guess ' no way '. Alltrax offers DC controllers only so, If you want more speed, Navitas is your only chance. You'll be able to adjust the top speed by yourself
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #3
Cboy7
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I have a Drive2 with AC motor as well.
The factory speed code puts it to 21 mph but im looking to boost it.
Would love to hear from someone with an AC motor that installed the navitas controller
Cboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 09:56 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Replace the stock NEOS controller with a Navitas TAC2. 33mph easily. Very easy install. Programming easy with Dealer app you can get from Navitas Tech Service.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:18 PM   #5
doug527
Not Yet Wild

That's not happening...Not going to spend $800 plus on a cart that already cost 10k plus only to void the warranty. Plus! Yamaha has a smooth acceleration and with the Navitas there is no telling how it will drive....
doug527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 03:21 PM   #6
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug527 View Post
That's not happening...Not going to spend $800 plus on a cart that already cost 10k plus only to void the warranty. Plus! Yamaha has a smooth acceleration and with the Navitas there is no telling how it will drive....
I'm bought the Navitas controller and will be doing the upgrade. I'd like to be able to go over 19 MPH when on the public roads for short periods. If you are just driving in the neighborhood, you probably don't need more than 19 MPH. I don't like going over 20 anyway in a golf cart, but in some cases when you have to be on a road with 35 MPH speed limit, it's nicer to be able to go like 25-28 MPH.
Old 02-17-2022, 04:14 PM   #7
doug527
Not Yet Wild

Let me know how it goes....My Drive2 has smooth acceleration and I a new controller could change that...Did you get 450, 600 amp controller? Be interested in how shorter run time you get on charged batteries.

I don't share the roads with cars out of our community, I would take sidewalk ...
Old 02-17-2022, 04:52 PM   #8
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug527 View Post
Let me know how it goes....My Drive2 has smooth acceleration and I a new controller could change that...Did you get 450, 600 amp controller? Be interested in how shorter run time you get on charged batteries.

I don't share the roads with cars out of our community, I would take sidewalk ...
Ok, I'll let you know. After market controllers like Alltrax and Navitas typically have an option to configure things like acceleration. I got the 600Amp, and was told the only difference is the torque and the 600amp is better for hilly terrain. I don't have hills, but I couldn't find the 450 for cheaper, so I just bought the 600. The guy who is going to install it does it all day long on Yamaha carts.

Battery life definitely will decline, but I imagine only with higher speed or torque. So if you set the amps or stop speed lower, then I imagine battery life would be the same regardless.
Old 02-24-2022, 06:33 AM   #9
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaught View Post
I just purchased a 2022 Drive 2 PTV Powertech AC.
You got yourself a beautiful car there. In my opinion the best factory electric car available. How are you liking that IRS?
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:14 PM   #10
doug527
Not Yet Wild

I have one and I we really like it, drives smooth. It's just a little stripped down compared to other carts coming off the lot. No turn signal, brake lights, 10 inch wheels vs 12 and 14, limited to 19mph vs 25mph and 30mph...No lithium battery that takes almost 300 pounds off the weight of carts among other benefits of lithium. If I had blinkers and could get 24mph out of it id be good with that.

Suppose to have a nicer ride than other carts with the independent suspension and front like struts, but I have nothing to compare it to

Yamaha could easily provide an update to controller that would allow something better than 19mph.. And it's not liability when 2/3rds of carts coming off the lot do that...EZGO, Evolution, Icon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha