lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
tgilbert
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Beast Motor

So from where ive been reading the Beast Motor is the one to go with. Where is the cheapest place found to get this motor from? also when it comes to a new speed controller/amp controller, any suggestions of which one works best with the Beast Motor? if so where is the cheapest place to get this from? Also the solenoid, which is the best to go with for the Beast and cheapest place for this as well. im buying all three, but need suggestions on name brands, #of amps, and also cheapest place to buy? please help! thanks
tgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
gonfast38
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Beast Motor

Cheap and best are rarely the same thing. IMHO, Alltrax seems to be the controller to go with. a 500amp should work or you could go with a 600 if you want to go big. Don't forget to upgrade the cables to 4ga. Since you are planning on motor controller upgrade, you may want to consider 48v upgrade as well. That will take a different solenoid and charger, plus batteries. All in all, shop around, check the site sponsors and see if they will give you a package discount.
gonfast38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

we highly recommend the sponsors.dont forget to tell them you are a member.they are very helpful.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
tgilbert
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks, i have planned to do the 48volt upgrade first, but i was wondering for after that. Do you know where the best place to find the beast motor is? appreciate the help, thanks again
tgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
quadmaster96
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgilbert View Post
thanks, i have planned to do the 48volt upgrade first, but i was wondering for after that. Do you know where the best place to find the beast motor is? appreciate the help, thanks again
Shop around with the site sponsors and/or call all your local cart shops and get one shop to beat the other shops price and go with that.

Cheers,

JP
quadmaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

just looked up the spec on that motor and i bet EMP (site sponsor) would build your orig motor to that spec for half the price.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beast, cheap, power, speed, torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO