lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2022, 10:36 AM   #1
JCBAS
Not Yet Wild

Default Will stock 48V run on 36V?

I am looking at picking up a fixer upper cart to re-sell in order to make some cash to upgrade my hunting buggy cart to 48V.

The cart I'm looking to pick up is a 48V stock system, but the batteries are old. I currently have a 36V cart with 6V batteries that are only a couple years old.

If I put 6V batteries from my 36V cart into the 48V cart, will it still run fine considering the fixer upper cart is a stock 48V system?

Thanks!
JCBAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Will stock 48V run on 36V?

Doubt it.. Voltage is too low. You could add 2 more batteries to get it up to 48..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:14 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Why would you do that to someone to make a quick buck to upgrade your personal cart? That’s shady man. Not much different than stealing IMO because you KNOW it ain’t fixed right. Imagine if you didn’t know a lot about golf carts (as most people buying them really don’t) and you were the one that bought that cart. Or your senior mother/father were the ones that bought that cart to help them get around to the mailbox or to help with their gardening because they can’t walk very far.

Either do it right or don’t do it at all. Just my .02. There’s plenty of ways to make a few bucks with golf carts, this ain’t it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:38 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Doubt it.. Voltage is too low. You could add 2 more batteries to get it up to 48..
This is the correct solution.... and cheaper than buying a fixer.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:38 AM   #5
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

What CP said....really hope you have a change in heart and either save your pennies to upgrade or find a cart you can invest a small amount of money in to get a legitimate return on investment rather then KNOWINGLY creating a mess for someone else to have to try and sort through.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:50 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is the correct solution.... and cheaper than buying a fixer.
That’s not what he was asking.

He has a cart. He wants to upgrade it.

He was asking about buying a 48v fixer with bad batteries and installing a 36v battery pack he already has, so he could sell it and make some money to upgrade HIS cart.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:41 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
That’s not what he was asking.

He has a cart. He wants to upgrade it.

He was asking about buying a 48v fixer with bad batteries and installing a 36v battery pack he already has, so he could sell it and make some money to upgrade HIS cart.

Read post #2.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 01:15 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My statement was meant to put 2 additional batteries in the fixer upper cart not the one he was going to keep. This way the cart would have the 48 it needed.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:11 PM   #9
JCBAS
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Why would you do that to someone to make a quick buck to upgrade your personal cart? That’s shady man. Not much different than stealing IMO because you KNOW it ain’t fixed right. Imagine if you didn’t know a lot about golf carts (as most people buying them really don’t) and you were the one that bought that cart. Or your senior mother/father were the ones that bought that cart to help them get around to the mailbox or to help with their gardening because they can’t walk very far.

Either do it right or don’t do it at all. Just my .02. There’s plenty of ways to make a few bucks with golf carts, this ain’t it.
So you think it's shady that I am asking the question before I even attempt to swap batteries to make sure the cart will work properly, fully disclose that the cart is 36V and the buyer can plainly see that each batter says "6V"? Wow...
Old 11-30-2022, 04:15 PM   #10
JCBAS
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
What CP said....really hope you have a change in heart and either save your pennies to upgrade or find a cart you can invest a small amount of money in to get a legitimate return on investment rather then KNOWINGLY creating a mess for someone else to have to try and sort through.
So I have such a bad heart because I am asking AHEAD OF TIME to make sure that the swap will work.

The "shady" thing to do would be do make the swap and sell the cart without making sure the cart would run properly.

Maybe you and CP need a hug.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car