lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default rear coil overs for G2

Trying to get some advice I've got a G2 with a utility bed that sags with a heavy load. Any suggestions for upgrading my rear coil-overs.
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Re: rear coil overs for G2

Heavy duty rear springs from the site sponsors. They are required for use with a dump bed or rear seat kit...
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
HDPwolf
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

try using air shocks, using MA803 napa number, there monroes, if I remember right there 10.5 compressed and about 16 extended, had to gind eyes down a little to get them to fit but that was it, I have had these on my cart now for over 5 years with no trouble, and like being able to adjust the height of the cart
HDPwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Sweet thinking HDP!!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
supra4life28
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka329 View Post
Heavy duty rear springs from the site sponsors. They are required for use with a dump bed or rear seat kit...
Exactly! Most go with the McMaster Carr springs. I can tell you prior to installing my rear would practically bottom out with 1 adult in my rear seat.

As to be expected the new springs are rather stiff and give a harsher ride.

Best of Luck!
supra4life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks to all that replied. I went with the Mcmaster coilovers, painted them red and installed them. They definitely stiffen up the ride but should help when I have to load up the bed with fire wood or with extra weight to get around in the snow. I'd like to paint the front springs to match. Does anyone know how to remove the front springs from the shocks?
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
strafaze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I need some shocks for the rear of my G2. I like the idea of the air-shocks. The cart is lifted approx. 6", but not correctly at all (bought it this way). They turned the rear end into a rigid. It is lifted by some square steel stock placed where the shocks would normally mount up. One question, do you get the rebound needed from the air-shock set up, without having springs. I am pretty mechanically inclined (work on atv's, cars, dirt bikes......), but this is my first cart. It is an '89 yamaha g2. I got pretty much everything else working on it. I am familliar with a coilover setup, i just want to make sure the air shocks would take the place of a coilover. I thought you would use those along with an application that had some sort of spring or leaf. I put a new clutch on it (previous one was trashed), power spring, ramp shoes, filters, brakes, heavy duty belt, etc... Now it is time to tackle the botched lift that was done on the cart. I am wondering if one of the previous owners took the back shocks and moved them into the front? Major camber issue on the front (looking at the front of the cart it's \ /). It currently has 22x11x8 tires on it.
Sorry for the long post. I have been on this site almost every day since I bought the cart. I must say, you guys know your stuff and have some pretty cool looking rides. I figured I would throw up a post to get some feed back.
Thanks in advance...
strafaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

You would get more responses if you post this in the Gas Yamaha section instead of someone elses thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafaze View Post
I need some shocks for the rear of my G2. I like the idea of the air-shocks. The cart is lifted approx. 6", but not correctly at all (bought it this way). They turned the rear end into a rigid. It is lifted by some square steel stock placed where the shocks would normally mount up. One question, do you get the rebound needed from the air-shock set up, without having springs. I am pretty mechanically inclined (work on atv's, cars, dirt bikes......), but this is my first cart. It is an '89 yamaha g2. I got pretty much everything else working on it. I am familliar with a coilover setup, i just want to make sure the air shocks would take the place of a coilover. I thought you would use those along with an application that had some sort of spring or leaf. I put a new clutch on it (previous one was trashed), power spring, ramp shoes, filters, brakes, heavy duty belt, etc... Now it is time to tackle the botched lift that was done on the cart. I am wondering if one of the previous owners took the back shocks and moved them into the front? Major camber issue on the front (looking at the front of the cart it's \ /). It currently has 22x11x8 tires on it.
Sorry for the long post. I have been on this site almost every day since I bought the cart. I must say, you guys know your stuff and have some pretty cool looking rides. I figured I would throw up a post to get some feed back.
Thanks in advance...
Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
strafaze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Done. Thanks for the advice.
strafaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

No sweat! Ive done it before!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha