lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ready to build... I think

That sucks as it took me forever to find this one.... Everyone around here wants a ton for them....
Dirty904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Now don't get mad, this is thinking "out of the box". Will your bike engine bolt up to the mini sprint in the picture? Why not use the mini spint frame and modify it to mount the golf car body of your choise? Guess it depends what you plan useing it for. My only suggestion, listen to Rifter, he alway's has great ideas and is always willing to help as long as you build a "safe car". Good luck on your build.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #13
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

No it won't bolt up at all I guess it's a micro sprint..... (shows what I know). I really like the club car and want to use it if any way possible, but I don't want anything unsafe.... I have access to quite a bit of free aluminum do you think if I gusset the p*ss out of the existing frame it will be ok?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #14
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

If you can weld Aluminum and have the concept of gusseting the frame to make it stronger, you like the cart, you already have the cart then go for it. The cross member that you will attach the front of the swing arm needs attention, the top rear shock mounts will need attention. Check the front frame rails right behind the bolts that hold the front springs good for cracks, check the braces that hold the dash and steering column good too, the back braces behind the seat bottom is also a weak spot. If you go with a ATV front suspension anywhere you bolt to the Aluminum put a larger backing plate so the bolts don't pull through. Post alot of pics during your build, several of us have built fast carts and will be glad to help. I installed a Kubota 3 cyl Diesel engine in a Club Car like yours, it's still running.lol
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #15
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

Lol I'm hoping this one makes it !!!! I'm buddy works at an alum excursion factory and I get free scraps that are pretty good size!!!! And I have built several gusset kits for atvs. With all that hope to get started this weekend!!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

It took forever to actually get started but it is officially under way now! Scrapped the idea of using any of the original frame!!! So far the front of the cart is coming along nicely! Waiting on my new rear end I bought! Decided to go with a chromoly axle as opposed to the hollow 1.75 splined axle I had....
Old 12-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #17
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

My son milling down the oil pan for more clearance!

New bottom in pan!

Few pics of front end going in and the tightly fit engine!!

Old 12-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
mrbracket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is gonna be super cool!!!
mrbracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Good for you Keep the build pix's coming!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #20
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

How frustrating I find a complete axle on eBay and it is lost in the mail... Putting the hole project on hold...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps