lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
quickviii
Not Yet Wild

Default ccw or cw rotation

Ok, I purchased a club car basket case. It is in poor condition. The starter/generator is locked up and I want to purchase a new one. My problem is I don't know the year, guessing mid 80's, and I need to figure out if it is a clockwise rotation or a counter clockwise rotation. Any quick and easy things I can look at to determine which one I have? Just to help you, it is a flathead design with the starter mounted high and behind the head. Converter is on the right side of vehicle. spark plug doesn't screw into the chamber, it is forward of the cyl. So if you remove the plug you can't see the piston. Any help would be appreciated. The cart is missing the shifter so I can't even put it in gear and push it to see which way the differential pulley turns. Thanks in advance. Anyone who has a starter to fit it please contact me. Also need the shifter and cable assy. Thanks again.
quickviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

Default Re: ccw or cw rotation

if it is a flat head design it should be a ccw rotation. the identification plate should be in the cubby on the passenger side.. get the vin and post it, u will find help then for sure.
welcome bgw!!!
johnusarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car