lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
theelcaminoman
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman Truckster High Speed Gearing

Hey guys! My grandpa and me recently bought a 1999 Cushman Truckster! Its pretty nice. Has 4 wheels, a cab, heat, the whole 9 yards! I test drove it for the first time and thought "Geez, this thing could probably rip a tree outta the ground with this low gearing". The low gears are nice... if you wanna tow something heavy. I want some speed! I saw where you can get some high speed gears for some golf carts but not Cushmans. How do you make these things faster? Thanks!
theelcaminoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
theelcaminoman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman Truckster High Speed Gearing

Anyone? Iv looked high and low for some high speed gears but they dont make em for a cushman that I saw.

One think I seen thatd help would be that tiny 1" exhaust pipe. Take that thing off there and put at least a 2".
theelcaminoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

They had high speed gears for meter reader carts with full cabs, those go pretty fast. I think it just had different gears in the rear end. Is it ransomes or jacobsen that own them now, they would have parts. I have no idea if or where you would find used ones.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
sc3283
Getting Wild

Cushman

if you have a worm drive rear, you can use any worm drive gear set. I have a set from a mail Truckster....my 735 runs 50+ now...where stock it ran 11mph
I also tweaked the governor on the engine
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Once I could have bought an old 3 wheel for 600, but it had a new onan 20hp in it. That thing would lay rubber in 2nd gear lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts