lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default MMT Honda Conversion

Here's how we do it @ MikesMotorToys. I'll post pictures as the build progresses. Just look at how that HONDA fills the engine conpartment with 670cc of raw power! This is a 2000 model frame with an MMT modified Strech long travel, MMT rear Honda suspension, new steering box assembly, new EZGO Factory High Speed rear end, brake assemblies and axles, new rear ST hubs, 3" aluminum rear wheel spacers, 12" wheels and 23" Duro Dessert tires. More to come... Roady - You ready for the race yet?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HondaBuild-1.jpg (78.5 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg HondaBuild-2.jpg (80.3 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg HondaBuild-3.jpg (69.6 KB, 256 views)

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
CalicoJack
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: MMT Honda Conversion

But aren’t the Briggs & Stratton engines much faster and more importantly more reliable than the Honda engines??
CalicoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoJack View Post
But aren’t the Briggs & Stratton engines much faster and more importantly more reliable than the Honda engines??
Some of us think so. Also more upgrades!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We'll see! No need to do many upgrades to a Honda. This post was not done to argue which engine is better - JUST TO SHOW YOU ALL HOW WE BUILD THEM. Let's keep it that way...

Old 06-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
CalicoJack
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
We'll see! No need to do many upgrades to a Honda. This post was not done to argue which engine is better - JUST TO SHOW YOU ALL HOW WE BUILD THEM. Let's keep it that way...
No worries. Just having a little fun after a "I want to quit my job" kinda day. Keep the pictures coming!!
CalicoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
todwil
TOD WILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Some of us think so. Also more upgrades!!

WORD!!!!!
todwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Here's how we do it @ MikesMotorToys. I'll post pictures as the build progresses. Just look at how that HONDA fills the engine conpartment with 670cc of raw power! This is a 2000 model frame with an MMT modified Strech long travel, MMT rear Honda suspension, new steering box assembly, new EZGO Factory High Speed rear end, brake assemblies and axles, new rear ST hubs, 3" aluminum rear wheel spacers, 12" wheels and 23" Duro Dessert tires. More to come... Roady - You ready for the race yet?
Nice header pipe! What muffler do you use (supertrap) ? Doesn't the "big tubing" alow to much air movement (no back pressure)? With that "killer front end, why don't you have a coil over rear set up ? You build nice cars! To bad for us you don't build Yamaha's or Clubcar's. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Nice header pipe! What muffler do you use (supertrap) ? Doesn't the "big tubing" alow to much air movement (no back pressure)? With that "killer front end, why don't you have a coil over rear set up ? You build nice cars! To bad for us you don't build Yamaha's or Clubcar's. Later Dave
Yes, it is a Supertrap style muffler - I'll post more pics tomorrow. Coils in the rear? Nice, but you can't have a rear seat or haul heavy loads with a 3 link or coils in the rear. Plus, the HONDA has so much power when we're done with it that the coils 'give' too much. Club Car and Yamaha - we'll build them, too - just bring me one! Since I am a Factory EZGO dealership, nearrly all our carts are EZGO. The header comes in our kits - It is the sweetest pipe you'll ever see, hear or use. It's actually a tuned pipe - there's no pressure issues here with this one!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Yes, it is a Supertrap style muffler - I'll post more pics tomorrow. Coils in the rear? Nice, but you can't have a rear seat or haul heavy loads with a 3 link or coils in the rear. Plus, the HONDA has so much power when we're done with it that the coils 'give' too much. Club Car and Yamaha - we'll build them, too - just bring me one! Since I am a Factory EZGO dealership, nearrly all our carts are EZGO. The header comes in our kits - It is the sweetest pipe you'll ever see, hear or use. It's actually a tuned pipe - there's no pressure issues here with this one!
Mike there is "alway's" a way. I feel your getting alittle one sided. I feel any "V-Twin" will "fiil" the engine compartment. Honda's are great/Vandgaurds are great too. Coil overs shocks and 3 link can't handle rear facing seats or a cargo box ? Jakes makes an great "stiffer spring rate" shock kit for lifted and rear facing seat cars and there well worth the time and money, we do it all the time. If leaf springs are better than 3 link and coil overs...why do race cars and baja builds use them ? Just some questions for thought. Later Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monster truck 004 (Small).jpg (52.8 KB, 89 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

that looks sweet mike
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big block, honda, v twin mikesmotortoys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!