lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #31
Chad Pickens
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to make your Sled Motor haul the mail in your EZGO

Thats what i thought I didnt have a bolt long enough and got to thinking. Thats what thinking will do, MESS YOU UP
Chad Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #32
knkyle
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastosCustoms View Post
hey i have a ezgo from the 80s i put a suzuki 340 sled motor in and it tops out at 20 i have noticed that all the carts ive seen have a different rear axel mine looks like one out of a truck just with a pulley on the pinion shaft and i checked the gear ratio in 6-1
was that with both wheels spinning at the same time? If only one wheel is spinning, it will spin twice as fast. I have been trying to find any gears higher then 12.44/1 for my early 80's rear ends.
knkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #33
ezekial21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So iv been asking around and i cant seem to get any responses i have a ezgo marathon what polaris secondary would mate up to my output shaft? Any help would be appriciated
ezekial21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:08 PM   #34
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Any that is splined and not keyed on the shaft. From personal experience I can say a 1999 Polaris 400 sport and a 2004 Polaris trail boss 330. I have personally double checked those. I have also dug around to find they didn't change the spline size or size ( if any one knows better please feel free to correct me). They basically just make the splined driven clutch that is the same or the keyed version. That's it. If looking on eBay make sure its and actual image of the clutch and look for splines. If you are looking in local classifieds you will be able to see the splined shaft the clutch is on (unless its already pulled). Depending on where you are I do happen to have 2 Polaris driven clutches.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #35
ezekial21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Any that is splined and not keyed on the shaft. From personal experience I can say a 1999 Polaris 400 sport and a 2004 Polaris trail boss 330. I have personally double checked those. I have also dug around to find they didn't change the spline size or size ( if any one knows better please feel free to correct me). They basically just make the splined driven clutch that is the same or the keyed version. That's it. If looking on eBay make sure its and actual image of the clutch and look for splines. If you are looking in local classifieds you will be able to see the splined shaft the clutch is on (unless its already pulled). Depending on where you are I do happen to have 2 Polaris driven clutches.
Im in Kennewick Washington but if you say that the splined versions are the same through the all the years thats perfect il have to check ebay im in the middle of my rotax swap right now having to do more fab work than expected flipping the axel and such. Thanks for the info by the way sorely needed lol
Old 08-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #36
Airbagged
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I wonder how this clutch compares to a 28degree driven clutch. I read this post and see that someone wrote with the Polaris rear driven clutch they are getting much more top end. I was pretty much under the understanding that a larger drive clutch would give you more top end, vs a rear driven clutch swap which would mainly affect your torque. Correct me if I'm wrong but if once the Polaris driven clutch opens up at higher RPMs it has the same circumfrence as a stock or even 28 degree driven clutch then your top in should be the same. Someone please clarify for me, I was really under the impression that the drive clutch size affected top end more so than the driven clutch.
My current setup:
Commet 780 clutch
28 degree driven clutch
Honda gx630 ( governor bypassed)
6:1 gears
23" tires

I'm getting about 35-40mph top end which is fine for me being as I have a soft long travel suspension.
Airbagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #37
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

In a stock ezgo with the 290 it pulled real hard and got about the 10mph the op claims. I have no experience with the 28 degree clutch.
And ezekial you can get aftermarket ones. Call a company tell them your tire size and total weight and they will tune it for you. I find that option to be more expensive then any customer of mine wanted to spend.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #38
ezekial21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
In a stock ezgo with the 290 it pulled real hard and got about the 10mph the op claims. I have no experience with the 28 degree clutch.
And ezekial you can get aftermarket ones. Call a company tell them your tire size and total weight and they will tune it for you. I find that option to be more expensive then any customer of mine wanted to spend.
What option is that getting a secondary tuned? Could i just pick up a secondary of a rzr 800 or somthing and be good? Im guna be running about 65 hp i figure i prolly need a beefy secondary.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #39
ezekial21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Alright guys im flipping my axel today on the marathon any suggestions on matching the angle of the transaxel/Secondary when i weld the perches back on
Old 08-03-2014, 02:08 PM   #40
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you have clutches on it now take a yard stick or similar and stick it in the rear and make sure its lined JP dead center of where the belt goes. And of course make sure the metal is clean. Work in small patches cause you don't want to over heat the bearings. Not sure that's possible from that far away but why take the chance.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps