lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Project underway 1975 Cushman Electric with Yamaha Warrior running gear and I

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbradley View Post
Here are some rough 3d images of my swing arm design.

The plan is to use the stock warrior bearing carrier, axle, sprocket, breaks, and wheels, that is all in yellow, the engine is blue, and the swing arm is red.

The swing arm will hingle at the front by a single heim joint, and connect to the axle just inside the wheels using pillow blocks. The bearing carrier will also be attatched to the swing arm. I plan on using 2 shocks, one just above each pillow block.

Comments?
Your going to need something to keep the swingarm alined. like ladder bars or something
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
HyperMotive Racing
Getting Wild

Default Re: New Project underway 1975 Cushman Electric with Yamaha Warrior running gear and I

Also, I'd think with the 1 heim design, its going to steer the rear like a skateboard. will go straight unless the weight is shifted to one side, then the rear will tend to steer apart from the front.
HyperMotive Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #13
crb1963
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbradley View Post
Here is a link with the pics of the cart as it sits http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...5-cushman.html

Its a 1975 Cushman Golfster, last year they made them. It is all steel construction and a 36v resistor controller power system. It actually runs just needs a couple batteries replaced. Not to bad for $100 i dont think.

The plan is to strip it down to the frame, clean and paint the frame, graft on the complete front from a 1987 yamaha warrior that i picked up for $600 for IFS. Next i plan to either build my own dual swing arm using the stock warrior axle, or use the complete rear suspension system from the warrior, as it. i will also be using the warrior engine.

Any comments on how much performance i can expect from the warrior engine hauling around this heavy monster?

As for the final body, i can either paint and reinstall the current steel body or pick up a used plastic/fiber body from an old ezgo or club car and make mounts for it. Does anyone have any links with pics showing this done? Id really like to lighten this thing up as much as i can.

This is my first build, so any comments are very welcomed.

Adam
I sure am anxious to see how that works out because, I am trying to take the frame and all components there in from a Yamaha 86 sun classic and put a Cushman body on that frame. The motor is from a John Deere snowmobile JDX8 its a CCW-440/21 anybody got any tips let me know.

Thanks
crb1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #14
rib33024

I don't think your going to find out what happen, His last post was in 2010

adbradley"s
last Activity: 08-14-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb1963 View Post
I sure am anxious to see how that works out because, I am trying to take the frame and all components there in from a Yamaha 86 sun classic and put a Cushman body on that frame. The motor is from a John Deere snowmobile JDX8 its a CCW-440/21 anybody got any tips let me know.

Thanks
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #15
tbirder
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Hey ad,
I guess I'll throw my two cents worth in here too.
I had a 1988 Warrior, and as long as you don't mess with the exhaust too much (loose back pressure), you'll have plenty of torque to move you around.
It's the suspension I'd maybe take another look at. Golf carts are designed with very low speeds in mind, and they can get away with mounting the engine to the rear suspension. But you're looking at the capability of speeds in the upper fourtie's to the fifties. There are two things you may want to look at. Number one would be mounting the engine to the frame and keep it independent from the swing arm. This would reduce the "unsprung weight" of your rear suspension by the weight of the engine. Your suspension will be able to "react" to bumps and ruts and such soooo much faster if it didn't have to carry that extra hundred pounds of engine on it. That would make it ride better and a LOT more stable at speed. Second you might want to look at a set of "ladder bars" like roccrlr suggested. But you'll also need a "Panhard Bar' to keep it tracking properly. Without the Panhard Bar, no matter what you end up doing, the rear end will just flop from side to side, and body roll will be uncontrollable.
Keep up the good work and remember, NO ONE ever said "stop, that's TOO MANY PICTURES"!
Hope this helps.
tbirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps