lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post
Test Post Test your Sig, Avatar, or images here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2022, 12:25 AM   #2011
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Replace 1 battey or the bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
After a full charge, it takes lead acid batteries 12 to 24 hours for the voltage to stabilize
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonInFla View Post
I charged over night and pulled my meter out and all battery's were 6.4 except one was 4.3
After a full charge, it takes lead acid batteries 12 to 24 hours for the voltage to stabilize ... the key here is to fully charge the battery pack, disconnect the charger and wait the full 24 hours for the battery voltages to stabilize. If you are reading 6.4 volts at let's say 1 hour after charging, you are not getting a representative full charge voltage and you will think that your batteries are at a higher state of charge than that actually are. See the attached State of Charge Chart for more information.

I have personally done what you are proposing ... except my cart was new to me and I had no idea how the previous owner had maintained the 8 pieces of 6 volt US Batteries that were in the cart when I bought it. I had one battery fail, with a shorted cell and about 4.1 volts if I recall correctly. I replace the failed battery with a "blemished" golf cart battery and got another year or so from the pack. I think it was worth the $100 for a years worth of carting ... I was new to carts and wasn't too keen to renew the full pack.

A year later when the next battery went, it failed when under load. The static voltage was only 6.01 volts, when slow starting on a level gravel road it was 2 to 4 volts, uphill it was 1.3 to 1.4 volts and on a steeper hill it was 0.2 to 0 volts. At this point, I replace the pack with 8 pieces of 6V Trojan T-125 batteries which I have been using since July 2018.

Before you decide on replacing 1 or all 7 of your 42 volt battery pack, if your failed battery still allows you to run your cart, I would suggest load testing your entire pack. The cart itself is the best load tester you can get. Set up your multimeter leads with clamps and test each battery in your pack (one at a time) from a standing start and record what the "static" and the "under load" voltage is. If you can do it on a hill even better, but test each battery under the same load conditions (same acceleration rate and same hill load). You can post the results in the forum and we could possibly guide you in determining if your battery pack is worth keeping (with one battery replacement ... or more) or if you should replace your whole pack.

I have also attached a few photos of the battery testing lead that I built for load testing my battery pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carts Unlimited State of Charge Chart.JPG (71.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7775.jpg (418.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7801.jpg (607.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7802.jpg (373.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7799.jpg (370.1 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2022, 03:53 PM   #2012
blaster3500
Not Yet Wild

Default O-I_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster3500 View Post
I wanted to share my progress on my Vanguard build

I wanted to share my progress on my Vanguard build in hopes it may help others looking to do the same. My goal was to build a reliable more powerful Vanguard that would run on 93 octane. This will be replacing a stock 16hp engine that came in my Terrain 1500. I will be sure to post the pro's and con's of the swap.

Build:
18hp (35CI) Block
ARC Billet Longer Connecting Rods
Factory 18hp machined .085 from the crown
Cheetah Cam w/ new lifters
23hp (38CI) Heads with minor porting and fresh valve job
Upgraded Valve Springs and Shims
ARC Flywheel
23hp intake manifold with PVT billet Mikuni Adapter
Mikuni TS36-68 pumper carb w/ UNI air filter
Custom header/exhaust with walker 22229 muffler
Allstar catch can

Block after soda blasting

Pistons with long rods prior to machining

After Machining

Mild porting. Mainly just cleaning up sharp edges

Ball/Brush Honed Cylinders

New Carb

Side Cover Governor Hole Plugged

Ready for Assembly!

blaster3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:09 AM   #2013
rib33024

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:40 PM   #2014
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: O-I_C

Why has never moved from the test post section

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Swan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 01:54 AM   #2015
rib33024

Default Re: O-I_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
Old 04-06-2022, 09:17 AM   #2016
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Random Pictures #2

StumpNocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:59 PM   #2017
chelmuth
Not Yet Wild

Default O-I_C

For those of you who have Lithium Golf carts be very aware!!

6 Months ago I rebuilt a club car ds that we had been using at our business that my dad owns for the last 8 years and converted it to lithium cart using Big Battery Batteries with a Navitas 700kw kit, been working great for the last 6 months until disaster struck last night.

I finished work a bit late so I was in a hurry and parked the Gem cart that I had been using directly behind the club car, walked past the club car and noticed the voltage meter was showing 57 volts [it's a 48volt cart with a maximum voltage of 51 volts] I instantly thought oh boy somethings wrong and was planning on unplugging it when my brother who was with me said, oh its been doing that a long time. Just 3 weeks prior the old charger went bad because it got wet and burned out I got the correct charger for it and had charged it up multiple times just to double check that there wouldn't be any issues, went to 51volts like it was supposed to, I then returned it to service and it had been working the last 3 weeks like that.
My brother told me its been doing that every time it charges and when you unplug it it drops back down to the correct voltage I assumed it was just a bad reading... until it wasn't

16 fire trucks and absolute destruction.

So when I sat down and tried to figure out what happened this is the best thing I could come up with...

This charger that I was using was not a ip65 rated charger and the location were at is extremely dusty and and muddy when it rains, the grounds guy that used the golf cart the most just set the charger on the back little step on the cart and left it there then when he wanted to charge it he would just plug it in to a outlet, due to it being so dusty I think it messed something up in the charger and didn't stop charging.

Here is the link to the footage https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...213849&o=OneUp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0163.jpg (212.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0160.jpg (208.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RemoteMediaFile_8126536_0_2022_05_18_20_47_50.jpg (207.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0953.jpg (228.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0775.jpg (207.9 KB, 0 views)
chelmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:54 PM   #2018
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Random Pictures #2

Yall have a good weekend!
StumpNocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:26 PM   #2019
rib33024

Old 06-13-2022, 04:49 PM   #2020
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: How to interpret Trojan printed battery code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Look next to the negative battery terminal. In late 2019 they started putting it next to the negative terminal instead of “on” it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 189ABE20-00A3-484E-A46C-2F7FDA063F45.jpg (165.2 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post