lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2023, 09:13 PM   #11
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dead Extreme team battery

I'll go along with what CP421 is trying to say. Get a new charger. The storm took out your charger as well as your GFI. The green light is on because the battery pack is powering it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2023, 10:19 PM   #12
tommydd831
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
So was the cart plugged in during the storm that damaged the outlet?
yes
tommydd831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:26 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good chance the charger - and the BMS could have been damaged. The battery cells may be fine if they did not get discharged. You will need to pull it apart to find out. If it was lightning, you might consider an insurance claim.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:14 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Good chance the charger - and the BMS could have been damaged. The battery cells may be fine if they did not get discharged. You will need to pull it apart to find out. If it was lightning, you might consider an insurance claim.
This is exactly where I was going. The whole “storm” event changes everything.

First try a new charger. A charger should reset the BMS but there’s a chance the BMS was fried as well, but I’d start with a charger first and see if plugging in to a charger will reset the BMS and make the pack active again.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:01 AM   #15
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

again, east way to tell if the bms is functioning is to scan for nearby bluetooth devices on the phone while near the cart.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:55 AM   #16
tommydd831
Not Yet Wild

First of all I want to thank everyone for their help. I have to say this is a great resource. Since yesterday I've tried to get a blue tooth signal but nothing appears. I also learned that a friend of mine in our club has a 100ah ET lithium battery with the same issue. Both these batteries have almost undetectable current from the + and - terminals. Next step is a deconstruct with pix but first gotta go to work incase I have to do a full replacement. With all the problems many people have in the world I'm thankful this one is solvable with a little cash. Lots of problems are not. Thanks again Tommyd
tommydd831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:00 AM   #17
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydd831 View Post
First of all I want to thank everyone for their help. I have to say this is a great resource. Since yesterday I've tried to get a blue tooth signal but nothing appears. I also learned that a friend of mine in our club has a 100ah ET lithium battery with the same issue. Both these batteries have almost undetectable current from the + and - terminals. Next step is a deconstruct with pix but first gotta go to work incase I have to do a full replacement. With all the problems many people have in the world I'm thankful this one is solvable with a little cash. Lots of problems are not. Thanks again Tommyd
Things are always easier with a positive attitude! From what I have seen from the threads so far these batteries were defiantly under built with poor QC at the end of the companies life. Fortunately the cells are the expensive part and that seems not to be the issue with most people.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 12:20 AM   #18
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

double post
Old 01-28-2023, 12:23 AM   #19
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the batteries and BT are inside a metal case you won't be able to detect any BT signal. You would have to remove the cover to be able to do so.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:56 AM   #20
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
If the batteries and BT are inside a metal case you won't be able to detect any BT signal. You would have to remove the cover to be able to do so.
That's not the case for me. My diy battery is in a heavy gauge steel enclosure and though the range dropped once buttoned up it still has about a 30ft range.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car