lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2023, 11:53 PM   #71
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Drop in lithium replacement for 48v Club Car

The pack I have run to 56.5 volts.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2023, 11:58 PM   #72
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
maybe 4 (or of these?

https://batteryhookup.com/products/2...enclosure-fans

or 2 of these

https://batteryhookup.com/products/b...ah-2kwh-module

I bought 16 of these and although the battery is not in the cart yet they charged up and balanced ok and they didnt come all bloated like some of the aliexpress cells are reported to arrive.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...andl_shipto=US
I'd seriously consider two of the second and 18 of the third.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 07:28 AM   #73
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Those look to be NMC. At 8s each, that’s too much for a 48v cart. It would need to be brought back to 14s, but I do agree, great battery at a great price.
I was looking at my Alltrax controller along with the information from the Alltrax web site. (I have not looked at the data on my actual controller) From the Alltrax web site it appears that the SR48500 is developed for a 12-48V model, or a 12-72V model.

Since I'm running the Leaf pack and my max charge is 58V (rounding)...and these 8S batteries, if series right would have a max charge of 33.6Vx2= 67.2V. So, with the proper controller, solenoid, motor, wouldn't these work? BTW, since my pack can charge to 58V, I can assume that my specific controller is for 12-72V?

ZOOOOOMMMMMMM
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 08:01 AM   #74
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I was looking at my Alltrax controller along with the information from the Alltrax web site. (I have not looked at the data on my actual controller) From the Alltrax web site it appears that the SR48500 is developed for a 12-48V model, or a 12-72V model.

Since I'm running the Leaf pack and my max charge is 58V (rounding)...and these 8S batteries, if series right would have a max charge of 33.6Vx2= 67.2V. So, with the proper controller, solenoid, motor, wouldn't these work? BTW, since my pack can charge to 58V, I can assume that my specific controller is for 12-72V?

ZOOOOOMMMMMMM
The model number of the controller would either Have a 48 or a 72 in it if you have a model controller with a 48 it has a maximum voltage of 62 working I have the SR72500 which I belive can handle up to 90v
That said you could still use the 8s packs nominal voltage will be less than 60v You can also buy a lower voltage charger and it would still fully charge to less than 62 V it just takes slightly longer to absorb full charge even if you fully charged at 63v it would drop into the controllers range shorty after pulling off the charge or immediately after turning on a load such as headlights.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:48 PM   #75
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the replies. I haven’t done anything yet but will replace with more Trojans. While I do like the benefits Lithium offers, for me it’s hard to justify right now. When the new Trojans need replacement, I will reassess.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:46 AM   #76
Evancarey1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I haven’t done anything yet but will replace with more Trojans. While I do like the benefits Lithium offers, for me it’s hard to justify right now. When the new Trojans need replacement, I will reassess.
BigBattery is having a 10% sale for their Eagle Battery Line. https://bigbattery.com/eagle-promo/
Evancarey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 01:24 PM   #77
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ohhhh….dangling that carrot!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 12:28 PM   #78
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

After reading all this there are quite a few good suggestions, for myself doing the work to install a battery pack is the way for me to go, not interested in building a pack.

Have a 03 DS, the FLA batteries are from 2018 and on their last legs and thinking it's the time to make the conversion.

Just want to confirm if the RoyPow 48v 105ah lithium kits would be a drop in swap.

Found kits that claim this is the case with charger, mounting kit, battery pack. The cart is stock, no lift , no oversized tires and is used in Florida so just a few hills, mostly flat cruising around.

Thanks.
hrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 08:32 PM   #79
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not a RoyPow guy (no offense!) but would suggest comparing to Eco Battery; they are Site Sponsors and have representation here (I think David Hicks-another Site Sponsor-with Revolution Golf Cars might be semi close to you. David is a great guy and would be great to talk with).

Good luck whichever direction you go!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:04 AM   #80
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk View Post
After reading all this there are quite a few good suggestions, for myself doing the work to install a battery pack is the way for me to go, not interested in building a pack.

Have a 03 DS, the FLA batteries are from 2018 and on their last legs and thinking it's the time to make the conversion.

Just want to confirm if the RoyPow 48v 105ah lithium kits would be a drop in swap.

Found kits that claim this is the case with charger, mounting kit, battery pack. The cart is stock, no lift , no oversized tires and is used in Florida so just a few hills, mostly flat cruising around.

Thanks.
The Row pow should work fine for a stock cart.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car