lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2023, 01:20 PM   #1
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need an EZGO TXT Series expert for 36 to 48 conversion

So the short story is I have a 2000 EZGO TXT series cart. I have a upgrade motor, Alltrax SR controller and heavy duty solenoid.

The cart was running great. My batteries were old so I decided to make the switch to 48 volt. I pulled out my 36 volt batteries and installed a new 48 volt Eco Battery 105ah lithium.

I changed the resister on my 400 amp solenoid to a 48 volt compatible resistor.

Here is my issue.....my resistor is getting extremely hot and I am getting no clicking from the solenoid and no power to my Alltrax controller. Really odd since I have the same wiring set up. I lugged my laptop into the Alltrax and I get 4 blinking green lights. I get 51 volts on one side of the solonoid and 51 volts on all 3 big cables to the Alltrax.

Any EZGO doctors on here that could provide some advice?
msporter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2023, 01:27 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need an EZGO TXT Series expert for 36 to 48 conversion

Did you change the solenoid to a 48? And look at the voltage settings in the Alltrax software and make sure that it is set for 48 volts.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:02 PM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by msporter10 View Post
So the short story is I have a 2000 EZGO TXT series cart. I have a upgrade motor, Alltrax SR controller and heavy duty solenoid.

The cart was running great. My batteries were old so I decided to make the switch to 48 volt. I pulled out my 36 volt batteries and installed a new 48 volt Eco Battery 105ah lithium.

I changed the resister on my 400 amp solenoid to a 48 volt compatible resistor.

Here is my issue.....my resistor is getting extremely hot and I am getting no clicking from the solenoid and no power to my Alltrax controller. Really odd since I have the same wiring set up. I lugged my laptop into the Alltrax and I get 4 blinking green lights. I get 51 volts on one side of the solonoid and 51 volts on all 3 big cables to the Alltrax.

Any EZGO doctors on here that could provide some advice?
does your solenoid support 48v on the coil? I believe theres more to is than just the resistor. also did you change the operating voltage range in the alltrax software?

EDIT jumped the gun and didnt see the response above..

I have 2 different orange 400 amp solenoids, a 36v version and a 48v version and they do have different coils in them.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:47 PM   #4
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the responses. I have the MZJ400A solenoid that can do both 36 volt or 48 volt. I changed the resistor to a 48 volt resistor. I also changed the voltage settings in the Alltrax. With the new Eco Battery system it comes with its own charging port so you have to remove the old one.

I know the old charging port had a reed switch in it and I thought some part of it went to the solenoid but I could be wrong. I don't have the schematics right now. The new charger just has black and white straight to the battery.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:31 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If you need an ezgo expert you probably should post this in the ezgo section, instead of the club car lithium section. You’ll probably get a lot more response there. Not much traffic here compared to the electric ezgo section
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:21 PM   #6
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah I realized that earlier today and posted it there. Thanks

Tags
switched to lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car