lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2023, 05:06 PM   #11
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Eco Battery Gauge Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I don’t know if the eco paperwork states otherwise, but generally speaking you shouldn’t leave lithium plugged into the charger. Once it’s done, unplug it and it should hold fine unless there’s something drawing it down
Paperwork says you can leave it plugged in for up to 10 days. If it’s going to be longer than that it should be unplugged… But in my case the charger doesn’t kick back on anyway. It goes to 100% and then drains down to about 91% on the longest stretch it’s gone unused, which was 5 days.
FL3TCH L1V3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2023, 05:14 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL3TCH L1V3S View Post
Paperwork says you can leave it plugged in for up to 10 days. If it’s going to be longer than that it should be unplugged… But in my case the charger doesn’t kick back on anyway. It goes to 100% and then drains down to about 91% on the longest stretch it’s gone unused, which was 5 days.
See the link I edited in my last post.

Once it shuts off it’s off until you unplug it from the wall and plug it back in again. There is no float and it won’t automatically kick back on as the battery discharges

I do think there’s something in the cart pulling it down, they shouldn’t self discharge that fast. But you’ll need to do a parasitic draw test to verify
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 05:34 PM   #13
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
See the link I edited in my last post.

Once it shuts off it’s off until you unplug it from the wall and plug it back in again. There is no float and it won’t automatically kick back on as the battery discharges

I do think there’s something in the cart pulling it down, they shouldn’t self discharge that fast. But you’ll need to do a parasitic draw test to verify
Ah, thank you for that info! I must have overlooked that… I’ll have to see if I can figure out if there is something drawing on it.
FL3TCH L1V3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 07:50 PM   #14
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just got home and my gauge is off, but no idea when that occurred. I am off my charger while doing this test. I'll try and do it again on a day when I am home to keep checking.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 03:24 PM   #15
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

On mine, the gauge did not stay on all the time either. It went to sleep after a while apparently. It is on while driving and charging then goes off later and I was like WTH. So I contacted Eco and he said it does that, there's nothing wrong. You can wake it up if you like by depressing the accelerator just enough to engage the solenoid and barely turn the wheels to pull some juice and it comes back on. Also if I know it's sitting for a few days to a week or whatever, I just turn it off and no self discharge to speak of.
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 12:15 PM   #16
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Interesting thread - I too just installed the ECO 72ah, second generation battery with onboard battery on/off button in my recently acquired 2012 precedent.

I too have noticed that my gauge stays on all the time and will drain approximately 2% charge each day. The charge occurs with the battery in the on position, run/tow switch in the run position, key off, and charger unplugged. I have never seen the gauge power off at all unless I actually turn the battery off using the on/off button on the battery itself.

Seems like I have some static draw at all times which I would like to figure out - just not sure where to start.

As a side note, I also have a 2005 precedent that I installed the first generation ECO 72ah battery with no on/off button about 6 months ago. I get no draw at all once I place the key into the off position - if I leave in the on position I do get a small draw.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:53 PM   #17
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4dj View Post
Interesting thread - I too just installed the ECO 72ah, second generation battery with onboard battery on/off button in my recently acquired 2012 precedent.

I too have noticed that my gauge stays on all the time and will drain approximately 2% charge each day. The charge occurs with the battery in the on position, run/tow switch in the run position, key off, and charger unplugged. I have never seen the gauge power off at all unless I actually turn the battery off using the on/off button on the battery itself.

Seems like I have some static draw at all times which I would like to figure out - just not sure where to start.

As a side note, I also have a 2005 precedent that I installed the first generation ECO 72ah battery with no on/off button about 6 months ago. I get no draw at all once I place the key into the off position - if I leave in the on position I do get a small draw.
The gauge is not draining the battery it's likely the controller, I've seen them pull 150mA+ with key off. Test by setting tow/run switch to tow overnight.

The generation 1 gauge will not detect the small parasitic current draw. It will say 100% but could be significantly less depending on how long its been parked.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 06:33 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post
The gauge is not draining the battery it's likely the controller, I've seen them pull 150mA+ with key off. Test by setting tow/run switch to tow overnight.

The generation 1 gauge will not detect the small parasitic current draw. It will say 100% but could be significantly less depending on how long its been parked.

What he said. Park it in tow. It’ll pull 150-200mA in run position even with the key off
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:07 PM   #19
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a Renogy meter but the principle is still the same. With the run/tow sw in the run position, it draws 350ma, I'm guessing this is to keep the rollaway brake active. In the tow position, it reads 150ma.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:34 AM   #20
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post

Thanks for the reply and information - always appreciate everyone's willingness to educate and offer advice on this forum.

As it relates to the slight draw on the battery, sounds like this is normal and really nothing that I or others should be concerned about.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car