lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2022, 07:33 AM   #21
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Extreme Team belly up...

CP241 has some excellent suggestions. Making the attempt to resolve the matter, and documentation of doing this (email, certified mail if going snail mail) will be very important.

First, the right approach with them may very well get your issue resolved and all will be good.

Second, if you don't get resolution you will have documentation that you put forth a reasonable effort to resolve the matter with the vendor.

But just be aware that there are time limits involved.

Nobody wants to go through this process. It's time consuming and leaves you in a "limbo" waiting for a third party to make a decision about the matter.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2022, 06:59 AM   #22
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Unfortunately I bought the battery last Summer so I am way outside the cc protection window. If I want to try using a new BMS, how do I go about ordering one that has the same plug configuration as the battery pack has wired now? Or would I need to rewire it using the BMS' wiring system?
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:57 AM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Unfortunately I bought the battery last Summer so I am way outside the cc protection window. If I want to try using a new BMS, how do I go about ordering one that has the same plug configuration as the battery pack has wired now? Or would I need to rewire it using the BMS' wiring system?
I'm not so sure your "outside" or not. You may want to check as it could be your 90 day "window" begins when your "warranty claim" is valid, with no support from the company. (If you're not getting support). Because "You didn't get what you paid for."

If the CC company has to pay outta their coffer's there's no "love loss". Those legal loan sharks charge upwards of 32% interest rates!! They got the money!!
Old 12-21-2022, 08:52 AM   #24
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You most likely will have to wire the new BMS - they come with cables. Not a big deal if you study the diagrams and ask questions here.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 09:38 AM   #25
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I went with this one.. has a Bluetooth app and I got the lcd I panel to show state of charge. Its rated for 240 amps continuos and 500a peak https://m.aliexpress.us/item/2251832...andl_shipto=US you could go with something more mainstream like a Daly, just be sure the continous is something 150a or higher to be safe from shutdowns.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:03 AM   #26
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I also have the extremeteam battery in my yamaha. When I saw this I checked out their website and they did leave an email address for existing customers that are having issues. I have dealt personally with Blake many times and he has always been a standup guy. I would try emailing to see if they will/can resolve the issue. I also have Blake/Brittany phone number. I will not post it here but if you need to call them direct you can PM me for the number.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 04:55 PM   #27
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Look, by all means try to get them to resolve the issue first. I'm not "pushing" for the CC back charge as it's a process in itself. And it may not work.

I just put it out there as a potential option when\if all else fails.

Personally I've used this only one time in my life. It was for a tour guide in Maui that I paid $1-K for me and the Mrs and my sisters retirement "gift". Guide was suppose to take us ALL the way around road to Hanna.

The day of, his driver....as we were getting into the van to leave...with no prior phone call nor txt from the vendor, stated the back half of the road was closed due to construction.

Long story short, it wasn't closed. (Another story as to how I found that out.) I believe the owner did not want his brand new tour van with only 10-K of milage to be taken on the backside as that road is very rough and hard on vehicles.

Hey....you know that going in. Charge more if your repair bills are high.

I had every right to ask for a 100% refund. I tried to negotiate $300 off the bill when in Maui. (Just what I wanted to spend my time on.... ) but that was a very short phone call. I ask for and received 50% back. I thought that was fair as we actually did 50% of the trip and saw 50% of the sights.

Meh.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:19 PM   #28
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

So just my 2 cents but even if "repaired as new" it's still has the poorly performing bms that got you in this situation... I would "Upgrade" the bms and be done with it.
Old 12-21-2022, 06:06 PM   #29
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I agree with Augiedoggy, the BMS has already been replaced once and the same problem exists. I would not go with a Daly BMS though, they are overpriced and overrated and with only 20mA of balance current, will have a hard time keeping a 100Ah pack in check.

The one that is linked above seems to be good, and so are the JBD’s. I use the JBD’s.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 06:55 PM   #30
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I agree with Augiedoggy, the BMS has already been replaced once and the same problem exists. I would not go with a Daly BMS though, they are overpriced and overrated and with only 20mA of balance current, will have a hard time keeping a 100Ah pack in check.

The one that is linked above seems to be good, and so are the JBD’s. I use the JBD’s.
I also have a JBD in my camper and have had good experience with it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car