lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2022, 04:17 PM   #11
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Team belly up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Still could be the BMS.
Or the temperature probe itself.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2022, 08:31 AM   #12
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have zero faith that they will repair my battery for me now that they shut down. I should be owed a full refund at this point but I have even less faith of that happening then them repairing it...
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 08:36 AM   #13
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Or the temperature probe itself.
Is that inside the BMS or somewhere else? If so, what would I look for?
Old 12-18-2022, 09:05 AM   #14
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Still could be the BMS.
Absolutely, one guy I know upgraded to an Orion BMS on his own dime and it fixed his problem. But he shouldn't he have had to do that. He still has no faith in the pack though
Old 12-18-2022, 09:29 AM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If it were me and I couldn't get a defunct company to support me, I would replace the BMS with a good one. The cells are probably just fine.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:02 AM   #16
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
If it were me and I couldn't get a defunct company to support me, I would replace the BMS with a good one. The cells are probably just fine.
I agree It would be worth the $150 bucks or so to put a bigger better Bluetooth enabled BMS in that would allow you to actually see what's going on with each cell.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:38 AM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would not use a BMS that doesn't display all of the cell voltages to the mV.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 04:34 PM   #18
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Is that inside the BMS or somewhere else? If so, what would I look for?
There are probably multiple sensors. At least one mounted to the board and others on flyleads on the cells or terminals. But as others have said, I’d replace the BMS with one that has Bluetooth and gives you data on what’s going on.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 07:21 PM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
I have zero faith that they will repair my battery for me now that they shut down. I should be owed a full refund at this point but I have even less faith of that happening then them repairing it...
Ok, this is a path you may want to take.

Did you buy this battery on a credit card? Like Visa? Is the battery still under warranty? If you bought with a check or debit card, none of this applies. I don't know about other cards such as AM Express or Discover....but I think that's true as well because this "stuff" is (I think) under laws of Consumer Protection.

If you did purchase these with a credit card such as VISA, and you have documentation of the warranty, you can "file a claim" with VISA....but IIRC you have only 90 days to do this.

Essentially your position is you "did not get what you paid for." You bought a battery that was suppose to be under warranty for "X" number of months. The company shut down and you are not receiving your warranty coverage and your battery does not work.

VISA (or whomever) wil do a "chargeback" to the company. I don't know if the company will "eat it" or if "VISA" will eat it.....but that won't matter as long as you won't "eat it."

But...you must document your claim carefully upon submission and respond to any inquiries from VISA. And...you must file the claim within (again....IIRC) 90 days of the battery breaking and your "non-coverage" of the warranty.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 08:40 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Here’s what I would recommend.

You’ve spoken to them before. Do you still have their phone number? I’d try and call or at least email them and give them the chance to do the right thing before going and filing CC disputes or going on your own and installing your own BMS. Give them a week to respond. If you have their address maybe send a certified letter.

If then they don’t respond then time to first pursue at least partial if not full reimbursement legally or via CC dispute. This documentation above of giving them the opportunity to respond with countermeasure and a reasonable timeline in which to do it will help your CC dispute considerably. Be better to have them refund you and you return the battery before opening it up and installing your own BMS.

Absolute worst case as said above, I’m sure the individual cells are fine it sounds like the BMS they use is a POS. A new BMS and it would probably be just fine. But if you modify their part before seeking refund or whatever from them, they would have every right to deny it based on voided warranty due to unauthorized modification of their part.

Just my .02
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car