lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2022, 06:16 PM   #31
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2005 Club Car Precedent. No click

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
When I was chasing issues with my cart I had bench tested my solenoid to make sure it would open and close. This can be done by using + and - 48v (if the cart is 48V cart like I think it is)

As you remove power from/reapply to the small terminals of the solenoid it should click open and closed. If it does that then its not the solenoid.

Based on information earlier in the post it does not sound like the F/R switch.

Have you done any testing with the throttle switch?
Solenoid clicked when I did test
Rdangeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2022, 06:18 PM   #32
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

I’m officially waving the white flag and going to let the owner take to club car dealer. I will post the outcome after he gets back from shop. But I’m would guess it’s the controller.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:06 AM   #33
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdangeau View Post
I’m officially waving the white flag and going to let the owner take to club car dealer. I will post the outcome after he gets back from shop. But I’m would guess it’s the controller.
No shame in that. You did alot of great testing on a cart that wasn't even your own!
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 11:53 AM   #34
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
No shame in that. You did alot of great testing on a cart that wasn't even your own!
I hate to give up on it. But if it is the controller I never was gonna be able to fix it. I haven’t looked at model number I. Controller but my dad has the exact same model cart. I’m tempted to “borrow” his controller. But scared that would result in two dead carts. Lol.

I really thought it was the run/tow switch being that u can push cart and either position. But replaced that and checked voltage.
Old 12-10-2022, 11:12 PM   #35
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Very possible it’s the controller.
There are only about 5 spots where you need to check for input signal to the controller.
Tow/Run, Key switch, throttle switch, FnR switch, and OBC/charge interlock. If you test for those inputs at the controller and it doesn’t respond by at least making the solenoid click, then it’s likely the controller is bad.
Can’t remember all the wire colors and pins off-hand, but the info is here on the forums.
The only thing that will really keep the controller from doing anything at all would be the OBC, but even if that is bad the roll away brake should still work with the cart in Run, unless of course the speed sensor is also bad. But if the cart was functioning properly before this, then I’d have to guess controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 12:03 PM   #36
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a Curtis 250 I swapped out I'd send you, if you're still in need. Just pay it forward if someone else needs one in the future. Let me know privately if you do need it.
Jmuoio81213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 09:51 PM   #37
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuoio81213 View Post
I have a Curtis 250 I swapped out I'd send you, if you're still in need. Just pay it forward if someone else needs one in the future. Let me know privately if you do need it.
Sent u a pm
Old 02-27-2023, 02:41 PM   #38
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Update

Took to club car dealer for repair. Called today and it is the controller. They wanted 1200 for new one. Where could I find one that was refurbished?

Controller is a 1510a-5250
Old 02-27-2023, 02:54 PM   #39
Brian Baker
Gone Wild

Like others, I have had a few rebuilt controllers go bad shortly after rebuild or DOA.
If you want to go that route FSIP replaces what is wrong with them but they are not rebuilt that I know of.
For the money, less aggravation hook up with a site sponsor and look into either Navitas or Alltrax and call it good.
YMMV but that is what I have found.
Brian Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:04 PM   #40
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

^^^^^^^^^

What he said!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car