lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2023, 12:02 PM   #11
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Front Wheel Hubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I doubt that they are in there that tight. Put the hub in the wheel and put a couple of nuts on it. Then take a socket with an extension and knock out the smaller one. Flip it over and switch to a larger socket to drive out the other one. Use the old bearings with a hammer and seat the new ones.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for future reference. I see my pics failed to come through.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2023, 02:25 AM   #12
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

That curved ring is likely a steel collar that sits between the bearings. Designed to prevent the bearings being overtightened and damaging both the bearings and the hub. I suspect wear in the cheap bearings has allowed the collar to come loose, spun on the spindle and worn out. In quality supplied parts, these are supplied as a matched set critically machined to match the hubs. Cheaper versions are not! It may be best to get bearing sets from a genuine yamaha parts dealer complete with seals and spacer. However, these may not match the non OEM hubs you now have, so maybe you need to replace the entire hub sets with genuine parts. This will be the reason the other cart still has original hubs and bearings and this cart has gone through several sets. This is the same reason, I will not fit pattern parts to any vehicle I work on. Reputation and safety are my main concerns and long term it is cheaper and safer for the customer.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 02:40 AM   #13
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Just to give a little backup to my statement previously. Be aware there is a little swearing in this video, so may get taken down. This is talking about spacers inside a motorcycle wheel hub, but the principle is exactly the same. I will see if I can find something more relevant and with less swearing.

Take, missing or no spacer to be the same as worn or mismatched spacer.
Old 01-07-2023, 02:43 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’d either get oem Yamaha replacement parts or replace the bearings with a quality part like timken.

10LOL is China garbage. They’re everywhere on Amazon and eBay because they’re cheap. For a normal person they might drive a golf cart 1000 miles in 10 years. I’d you’ve got 38,000 miles on it you obviously use it more than a normal person.

If you want to get the genuine Yamaha parts call Don plowman at plowmans carts.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 03:05 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I still think those clone chinese hubs need replacing with OEM as I don't think even quality bearings will last if the side load is not correct.

So CP's suggestion to use Don plowman is your best bet. Just replace the whole lot and be good for another 30 odd k miles.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:12 PM   #16
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I still think those clone chinese hubs need replacing with OEM as I don't think even quality bearings will last if the side load is not correct.

So CP's suggestion to use Don plowman is your best bet. Just replace the whole lot and be good for another 30 odd k miles.
Thanks Cartmaster. Yes we do use the golf carts for literally every thing. Every time I play golf, grocery store, restaurants, entertainment. I'll check out Don Plowman for replacement hubs this time.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha