lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2022, 07:50 PM   #21
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery Issue

Leaving the battery power button to ON keeps the gauge on as well. Doesn't this shorten the life of the gauge? I want to be sure it lasts as long as the battery does. Also, doesn't the gauge always being on cause unnecessary drain on the battery once the charger kicks off at 100%, thereby causing the charger to kick back on over and over?

Would it be best to charge to 100%, and then unplug charger and turn battery off for the night?

Or am I over-thinking this? :) Thanks in advance for all replies.
bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2022, 10:06 PM   #22
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

The best way is to leave the switch on all the time. Only turn it off as you would the Run/Tow switch, when you are working on the cart.

The gauge will not drain the battery to any noticeable amount. If it operates like my older one does, the backlight goes out when the cart is not running but the indicators are still there.

After a minimum 5 mile ride, or when you are below 80% SOC, hook up the EB charger and forget about it. It will shut off at the proper charge and cannot overcharge the pack.

If you, like me, want to shut off power to the charger at night, just plug the charger into a simple outlet timer set for 1 hour for each 12 to 15 amp/hours used. When you check it the next day, you will be at 100% charge.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:35 PM   #23
Aahj
Not Yet Wild

Hey folks,

I have the same issue with a non functioning gauge. When this update comes out, will I be able to install myself?

Thanks!
AJ
Aahj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:33 PM   #24
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahj View Post
Hey folks,

I have the same issue with a non functioning gauge. When this update comes out, will I be able to install myself?

Thanks!
AJ
Welcome AJ!

I suggest you start a new thread asking this question. Give as much detail as possible and someone will reply. Other wise it may get lost in the shuffle here.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:15 PM   #25
Aahj
Not Yet Wild

Just got off the phone with Eco Battery. Current work around is to unplug the 4 pin plug on the bottom to reset the gauge. They are hoping to have a new update out in a couple weeks. I bought the battery from Scotty B but I should be able to go to a local dealer to get it reprogrammed and should be good to go.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:01 AM   #26
phins2rt
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Eco Battery. Current work around is to unplug the 4 pin plug on the bottom to reset the gauge. They are hoping to have a new update out in a couple weeks. I bought the battery from Scotty B but I should be able to go to a local dealer to get it reprogrammed and should be good to go.
So unplug/plug in the plug from the gauge end? That should get me by for a bit. Thanks!
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:07 PM   #27
Aahj
Not Yet Wild

Correct, unplug the 4 pin connector while the 6 pin (I think?) on the top is still plugged in. This resets the gauge and it turns on.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:22 PM   #28
Jacob@EcoBattery
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Correct, unplug the 4 pin connector while the 6 pin (I think?) on the top is still plugged in. This resets the gauge and it turns on.
That is a temporary fix for the gauge sleep timer. I would get in contact with your local authorized dealer in your area to flash the software.
Jacob@EcoBattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:07 PM   #29
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob@EcoBattery View Post
That is a temporary fix for the gauge sleep timer. I would get in contact with your local authorized dealer in your area to flash the software.
Jacob,

Are you saying the fix is available?
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 02:42 PM   #30
pittpanther
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob@EcoBattery View Post
I am in the same boat - new 70.4V Eco Battery install. Gauge was initially working, but stopped. Disconnecting the 4 pin connector does not seem to wake it up. Are there any other workarounds? Thanks!
pittpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car