lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2021, 09:21 PM   #1
Johnnyboy10
Not Yet Wild

Default Registering Cart to LSV in IL

Hello - I’m a new member and have researched this for countless hours. I live in Illinois and have been looking at an Ezgo Electric cart. However I have heard that they’re illegal in the town. The only cart that is legal (that people know of) is the STAR CART LSV. It has to be an LSV

Has anyone had success converting their cart to an LSV in Illinois, making it legal?

FYI, “street legal” and a “legal LSV” cart are different
Johnnyboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #2
Kingstir
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Registering Cart to LSV in IL

So why not an Ezgo 2five? Street legal LSV.
Kingstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:48 PM   #3
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can literally make any cart into an LSV. If you put everything on a golf cart that an LSV has, it becomes an LSV and you can register it as such, and get insurance on it, etc..
DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:56 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubK View Post
You can literally make any cart into an LSV. If you put everything on a golf cart that an LSV has, it becomes an LSV and you can register it as such, and get insurance on it, etc..
Check local laws. Some places require it be built as an LSV by the original manufacturer. They will not accept a golf cart "converted" LSV equipment levels. There is no one nationwide set of standards / laws that govern carts and their street use.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:00 AM   #5
Kingstir
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubK View Post
I guess it depends on where you live. You absolutely can't do that in Louisiana.
I went the rounds with our DMV a few years ago on that. It all comes down to getting a VIN. No VIN means no registration, tags , inspection. They refuse to issue a VIN on anything that looks like a golf cart and didn't come with one.

What does the DMV in Illinois say about it?
Kingstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:10 PM   #6
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Interesting! I used the serial number on a cart I got for my parents to register theirs and get a plate. They asked for a VIN and I just gave them the serial #
Old 02-19-2021, 12:13 PM   #7
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We also don't have to get it inspected. Just have, insurance, be street legal, and get a plate and good to go. I also didn't tell them it was a "golf cart". I used the term low speed vehicle every time in place of golf cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO