lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2020, 09:49 PM   #21
075Limited
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: **DIY 4x4 Golf Cart: ATV swap**

Quote:
Originally Posted by myates View Post
Thanks for the info guess what I picked up today
Nice, looks like a good starting point for sure.
075Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #22
myates
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just curious how many hours do u have in this? Approximately.
myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:20 AM   #23
075Limited
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Just curious how many hours do u have in this? Approximately.
A rough guess would probably be between 35 and 45 hours. It didn’t take take long to get a complete chassis. A lot of the time was soent cleaning things up and doing maintenance on my donor vehicles.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:29 PM   #24
myates
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm finally getting to my project I'm curious on how you did your steering box arm. Would you happen to have a picture of it?
Old 01-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #25
075Limited
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm finally getting to my project I'm curious on how you did your steering box arm. Would you happen to have a picture of it?
The steering arm will slot right between the frame. All I needed to do for the steering was use some scrap to lower the attachments for the tie rods down. If you don’t to that the tie rod would come in contact with the frame during full lock making your turning radius crap. Mine still comes in contact but the turning radius seems normal now. Note that picture of the arm is upside down for some reason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7B2D31F3-FEDD-4D81-A77C-E852B78B6AAC.jpg (151.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1411E35D-6307-4CF0-871F-D742EC580F6F.jpg (127.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2021, 09:02 AM   #26
myates
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok great thanks. Ill show you a few more pics when I get closer. This will have a paddle shifter for the gears and also a gear box between the driver and passenger for H/L/SL and FWD/REV with push pull cables. havent figured out the 4x4 location yet.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (53.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0325.jpg (83.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0346.jpg (108.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2021, 12:26 PM   #27
075Limited
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok great thanks. Ill show you a few more pics when I get closer. This will have a paddle shifter for the gears and also a gear box between the driver and passenger for H/L/SL and FWD/REV with push pull cables. havent figured out the 4x4 location yet.
Those look awesome, good work!
Old 01-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #28
myates
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I hope u dont think I'm hijacking your thread I'll post my own when I'm finished just wanted to give u an update and your going to get credit for this build ☺️. Thanks for the tips and tricks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1611439141269-734108874.jpg (245.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2021, 08:10 AM   #29
075Limited
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I hope u dont think I'm hijacking your thread I'll post my own when I'm finished just wanted to give u an update and your going to get credit for this build ☺️. Thanks for the tips and tricks!
That looks great man, love the wheels and tires you picked. I’m not sure if you plan on putting a rear seat on yours but when I did the rear shocks were not up to the task of supporting extra weight of people on the back. I added an additional set of air shocks in the back of mine that significantly improved my rear suspension setup. A lot of the weight tends to be on the rear of these carts so a simple spring spacer off of ebay may increase the spring rate just enough if you don’t plan on using a rear seat. I also noticed that mine would tend to lean a lot while turning which was also improved by the air shocks as well as some simple roof rack rails that connected the front and rear roof supports. You can sort of see the roof rack there in the second picture. I wanted to keep it low for clearance on trails
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30F93B02-2BF8-4589-9E16-5BD78258A994.jpg (124.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 46E998AB-4802-4448-BC89-47274A240C41.jpg (201.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-26-2021, 07:54 AM   #30
myates
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info I want to try and keep mine as low as I can also. I plan on having a sway bar set up in the rear because I could see an issue with that right off the bat. As of right now I dont plan on having a rear seat. You said awhile ago to watch the clearance between the back wheels and frame so i thought i may as well throw some golf cart rims on it and have some spacers/adapters made that should give me enough room to have really any height id want. They're 1-1/2" spacers plus the offset of the wheel gives me about 3" outside of the body so ill have to get some fender flares before im done. Im integrating the shift indicator in the dash but wiring is a nightmare for me so it may be a little while before i get this one done. The body is actually a 2014 because the original was beyond repair and this is a direct swap so why not i dont have to paint or do body work

Tags
300, arctic cat 250, suzuki king quad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps