lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #31
Minker67
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Air Ride suspension on TXT

Hey Drew1910,

Thanks for following. I got the radio from West Marine. It’s the Fusion RA-55. I was trying to find a simple radio that has Bluetooth and FM/AM radio. Which is also good quality and has good power. It’s a very small radio in size. It’s smaller then a single din size radio. I wanted to fit my air controls and air gauge next to radio. I didn’t want flashy lights or dancing displays. I am very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #32
Minker67
Not Yet Wild

I put some more time in the cart this weekend. I painted the entire dash black so it doesn’t look faded anymore. Ran all my 1/4” air lines and got some new fittings. Moved some stuff in the engine compartment so I can mount my compressor under the seat. With my 5 gallon air tank I have plenty of air to lift and drop the cart about 4 times before the compressor kicks on to fill tank. I was surprised how quite the compressor is.

The cart drives great. I can definitely tell how soft the rear is on air and I feel the Front is harder. I am running the single leaf setup up front and feel that the leaf is causing the front to have a stiffer ride. I am debating on removing the leafs and doing some sort of link setup instead. This way most of the ride comes from the air shocks.

If anyone has some ideas or as tried something that works please let me know.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:53 AM   #33
mavisky
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome build. Curious how this looks with the body in place. Just got a TXT 295 myself and had heard that lowering them was near impossible so good to see that someone else like me doesn't take no at face value.
mavisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #34
A16shoe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=Minker67;1537682]I Ran all my 1/4” air lines and got some new fittings.

How did you modify the air shock to take 1/4” air lines?
Shoe
A16shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #35
Minker67
Not Yet Wild

[quote=A16shoe;1633053]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minker67 View Post
I Ran all my 1/4” air lines and got some new fittings.

How did you modify the air shock to take 1/4” air lines?

Shoe

I brought the shock to a hydraulic place. They knew exactly the type of fitting the shock has and gave me a fitting that screwed directly on with a rubber seal for the shock without any modification. The opposite end is a standard threaded piece which I put a 90 degree elbow on. I’ll see if I can find the receipt for it.

As for the cart it’s still in progress had to put in storage for a short time. It will be getting worked on again soon.

Thanks for asking.
Mike

Old 08-19-2019, 12:41 AM   #36
jwmotorsports1x
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I am moving forward with my air ride project. I have an EZGO txt with Robins 295cc. I am going to use the Monroe Air shocks. I have searched the forums and I see most users use the MA705 shocks. I was considering using the MA739 shocks to get a little extra lift. I would like to know others opinion on these shocks and if it will be too much lift for either the front or the back. I also considered maybe using the 705 shocks up front and the 739 shocks in the back. As for the cart I have the old style steering which is not on the axle itself. Thanks for the help.

This site has made me addicted to modifying my cart beyond what I imagined!

What tire size are you running thank awesome build

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jwmotorsports1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:10 PM   #37
Npoppe4
Not Yet Wild

Did you have to make custom brackets? Trying to find a good kit to put on my g16. It has a lift on it and I’m hoping I can keep it on there and add the air ride and just use it for when I’m not riding it, just air it out. Current use it on a camp site
Npoppe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #38
erobbins
Not Yet Wild

Minker67, Question about your rear set up. Instead of making my own links, Do you think cutting off the rear of the leaf spring like some of the old hotrodders did when building T-Buckets would work?
erobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:44 AM   #39
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Guyboy,

Here you go and I tried to get a few different shots for you.

I basically took one of the old leaf springs and cut both ends off. I then took 1 1/2” square tube and cut them I think 17” long. After I rounded one end of each tube so that the end I cut on the leaf springs would seat nicely into the tube for a good weld. It came out better then I was expecting. After I mounted the trailing arms I made shock tabs and I put about a 25 degree bend into the shock tab so that when I was at ride height the shock tab would be flat on the rubber bushings and washers of the shocks themselves. Figured it would be less stress on the shock mounting bolt.

Hope that helped. Let me know if there is more you might need.

Still a work in progress....

Mike

Awesome build, I’m doing the same but to a Club Car, but I’m stuck on the steering and other front end components, where do I even fit an airbag? How low does yours go? Hey if you could, I’d love to pick your brain.. I’m struggling on mine

Yours is sick though, really like it
TooMuchJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:47 AM   #40
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erobbins View Post
Minker67, Question about your rear set up. Instead of making my own links, Do you think cutting off the rear of the leaf spring like some of the old hotrodders did when building T-Buckets would work?
Dude I wish I would’ve read this post like a month ago,! That’s a great idea about the leaf and just cutting off the back half, **** I just built a full triangulated 4 link on mine cuz I couldn’t figure out a quick and dirty way to do it (air ride).
I’d never heard of this method but it makes sense. Day late and a dollar short!
TooMuchJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!