lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post
Test Post Test your Sig, Avatar, or images here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Not able to rotate photo

Your original image "IMG_4245.jpg" is actually sideways (that is how your camera saved it).

The camera also saved a note that says: Rotate the image 90 degrees for viewing.

Any modern program or browser will show it correctly since they read the orientation information from the image.

When you upload an image that is too large, or in any case the thumbnail that gets created automatically, this site's software is removing that "Rotation Notation", so now Your browser does not know it needs to rotate the image.

Rather than have the world change to accomodate the site, it would be a lot easier if BGW can check for an updated version of the image library that is resizing our pictures on the backend.

As long as the image You upload contains "Orientation Information", it will get screwed up after the site processes it.

Older versions of Windows and perhaps MACs image software would rotate the actual images, but since there is no such thing as a lossless algorithm for jpeg rotation, the preferred way is just to change the "Orientation Information" to tell the viewing application how to orientate the image for display.

You can Google for applications that will physically rotate the images (with minimal loss for most purposes) so at the end the "orientation Information" is 0 degrees.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2018, 01:27 AM   #12
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Thanks Sergio ... that explains why it is happening. It makes sense to update the BGW site to address this problem if possible.

For now I will use this "work around" to adjust any "Portrait oriented" photos as required.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:48 AM   #13
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
I built upon all of your comments and have it figured ... kind of !!

My original picture (IMG_4245.jpg) views on my Windows 10 desktop in the correct orientation with the fire burning up! When I post the same picture to BGW, the orientation gets changed with the fire burning to the left! (see photo 1 below)

As a test, I rotated the original picture using my Window 10 default program "Photos" by 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees and just for giggles by 360 degrees ... each time starting with the original picture and saving it as a new file name after rotating it.

I have attached the pictures below in the following order: Original Photo, 90 degree rotated, 180 degree rotated, 270 degree rotated and 360 degree rotated.

Low and behold, the 360 degree rotated photo displays on BGW in the correct orientation ... with the fire burning up.

Hopefully this can be of some use to those that have trouble posting "Portrait" type photos in the correct orientation.
I'm dizzy after this.

Sorry for the trouble but yes, this software on the forum is older and dated. We are hoping to upgrade soon.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:20 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

ThreeCW, I just ran a quick test and the good news is most programs, including the free "Paint" program in Windows will automatically rotate the image and set the orientation to 0 when you resize a picture.

I got a sample picture I took with my phone in the "Portrait" orientation, since most phones native 0 degrees orientation is "Landscape" when the volume buttons are pointing down, my phone saved the information to "Rotate 90 degrees" for viewing.

I then opened the picture in "Paint", which showed it correctly in Portrait, resized the picture smaller and saved it.

You can see the jpeg header no longer includes the orientation information since the photo has now been physically rotated as part of the resizing.

So if you resize your pictures, even if they look right, before uploading them, they will work correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image_Resize_and_Exif_Orientation.jpg (103.9 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #15
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I'm dizzy after this.

Sorry for the trouble but yes, this software on the forum is older and dated. We are hoping to upgrade soon.
Yes BGW is working on it. And ThreeCW no you can't rotate pic on BGW. That has to happen on your end, phone or PC So your not that crazy yet
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #16
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Yes BGW is working on it. And ThreeCW no you can't rotate pic on BGW. That has to happen on your end, phone or PC So your not that crazy yet
"I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane
Nobody knows if it's something to bless or to blame
So far I ain't found a rhyme or a reason to change
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"

RIP Waylon Jennings
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:45 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
ThreeCW, I just ran a quick test and the good news is most programs, including the free "Paint" program in Windows will automatically rotate the image and set the orientation to 0 when you resize a picture.

I got a sample picture I took with my phone in the "Portrait" orientation, since most phones native 0 degrees orientation is "Landscape" when the volume buttons are pointing down, my phone saved the information to "Rotate 90 degrees" for viewing.

I then opened the picture in "Paint", which showed it correctly in Portrait, resized the picture smaller and saved it.

You can see the jpeg header no longer includes the orientation information since the photo has now been physically rotated as part of the resizing.

So if you resize your pictures, even if they look right, before uploading them, they will work correctly.
Why do I read your posts and even with a couple of degrees and fair amount of common sense, feel so inept....

Lol, you never cease to impress my friend...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post