lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
Dbrockman1972
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Polaris Scrambler solid motor mounts

Hi. I'm doing a polaris scrambler 400 engine trans swap into my 73 Harley electric 4 wheel cart. The exhaust sticks out way to far in the front and won't fit so I am going to modify it to be very tight to the motor. I am also going to have to cut and reshape the first bit of the expansion chamber. I will try to keep the system as close to stock lenth as possible. The exhaust has "donut" seals at the head, and where the small S pipe connects to the expansion chamber. I'm sure this was designed to flex properly with the rubber mounted engine. Does anyone see a problem with solid mounting the engine in the frame? I know it will vibrate a little more, but in a golf cart I don't think that will be as big of a deal. Not sure though. BTW, I am bolting the modded scrambler frame to the cart, so lining up components won't be a big deal. Then I can also drop the polaris drivetrain out if necessary for easy maintainence. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks!
Dbrockman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2016, 07:06 PM   #2
rayjayy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Polaris Scrambler solid motor mounts

I would leave in the rubber mounts. You should use factory engineering as much as you can when doing modifications. Them guys ain't stupid. If they went to the effort to put in rubber mounts its because there was no other way to make the unit acceptable to John Q. Public. Excess vibration would be more acceptable on an ATV than on a golf cart.
rayjayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #3
neonacr24l
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I agree...u can break engine mounting bosses or crack the case...most flexible motor mounts are due to the engine not being perfectly balanced ..(ie: Harley v-twin...not dogging on the v-twin btw)
neonacr24l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #4
Dbrockman1972
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Thanks guys. I have decided to replace the stock mounts and use a piece if 1.75 stainless flex tube so I can still have rubber mounts without breaking the modified exhaust.
Dbrockman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
neonacr24l
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I did that on my swap so I could run a dual exhaust out the back cause the engine sits in the swing arm and my pipes are hard mounted on the actual frame
neonacr24l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:42 PM   #6
cfherrman
Gone Wild

The flex tube will break fast like that, thats how mine was mounted and one of the reasons i redid my build
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Must depend on how you do it, I have a stock clone flex pipe was SS from autozone and its on 4yrs and not had any issue with it. Muffler mounted on frame under bumper, G9 cart. Flex about foot long I think.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #8
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Thats how is waz on my g2, lasted about a year
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Maybe this one lasted because I was wrong?? Its on the cradle my bad! I posted a pic of it. Hey it was in 2010 lol sorry.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ml#post1305656

Not the nicest looking, but we worked with what we had around. Cfherrman you are likely right, much movement and it don't last long.

I posted pic of next clone with the coupler, header, frame mount.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps