lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2018, 08:28 PM   #31
JRLX
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Kawasaki KVF 700 into EZGo txt?

Still unable to access orig account. We'll work thru this.
Any comments on my "engineering" is welcemed.
JRLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #32
JRL
Gone Wild

All good now! Thanks to TheNewGuy and Smallblock450!
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:34 PM   #33
JRL
Gone Wild

We made a bit of progress today. Been under to hood so to speak. Welding in reinforcements to the two frame extensions. Thinking maybe covers for the sides. Plan for open bottom so air can circulate. Planning to wrap the exhaust to help keep heat under my derriere cooler.
The front cylinder exhaust pipe goes beneath the center floor.
Oh well..it's rapidly coming together.
Trying to locate some .80 OD tubing for coolant hard lines.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:39 PM   #34
JRL
Gone Wild

See if this works? My pics are loading 1/4 turn to left...so I turned a 1/4 turn to right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180731_163504.jpg (420.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:42 PM   #35
JRL
Gone Wild

Oh well. That didn't work. Anyone?
Any opinions on
Tapatalk app? Does it improve the "experience"...
Old 08-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #36
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Iphone? I upload mine to the computer, go to properties of the picture, change it from read only, then edit rotate and save. Then I upload to BGW
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:55 PM   #37
JRL
Gone Wild

Using Android. My old HTC loading right. Got a new S9 and it does not. Maybe send the pic to tablet and try that?
Old 08-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #38
JRL
Gone Wild

Is it the opinion of the community that the EZGo txt rack and pinion steering is up to the task of the 25/10/12 tires? The steering geometry worked out too well. The pitman arm is exactly 1 " above the front differential. Exactly where the KVF steering arm was. The "swinging" pitman will alter the geometry a bit, but shouldn't be an issue.
Debating on adding a pillow block to support the front driveshaft. The diff input shaft is fragile, and part of the pinion...which is part of a $400 set of gears. Even a used front diff is in the $400-500 range. The driveshaft will have about 17" added to what was about a 12"driveshaft. It'll be professionally extended. There are no u joints in the front driveshaft. I could add a small cv if a support bearing was placed in line with the differential. The bearing can be added after the cart is completed.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #39
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

The steering box on the old style is very strong. way better than the later type so you should be good. the weak point is the cast arm that supports the idler (if you get where i mean cos i am british) that breaks on a big impact right by the idler bronze bush, but it does take a lot to break it. The only other thing i would watch is the bushes for the rack itself, these do wear and cause sloppiness. also do not preload the rack too much as it will speed up the bush wear. plenty of grease and you should be good. Just dont try pushing brick walls over with the front end LOL.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:51 AM   #40
JRL
Gone Wild

Thanks for the info. Definitely the older "3 bolt" rack. It seems ok. I will not be beating this cart. Primarily used in campgrounds to carry instruments. Get too radical and they'll lock it up...and me with it. Gotta look like a golf cart...although, more than a few cart owners have Briggs V twins in their carts. Briggs V twins have about the same displacement as my KVF700....but my Kaw has twice the HP and torque...at about 60 HP. Also has wet rear brakes, shaft drive, liquid cooling and lots of little bells and whistles like speedo, fuel guage, neutral or reverse indicators, high/low gear selection, lighting with high/low beams, brake lights, and a 24 amp alternator. The drive is automatic. Simple to operate.
These steering systems don't respond well to losing tie rods and such. Rip out halfshafts, brake hoses, knuckles and tear up relatively expensive tires. Wish to avoid such issues.
If I can find a couple days to work on the thing, we'll get the engine installed. The front is done.
I've gotta create a small flat bed for the rear to hide the swing arm. The length of the drivetrain is a negative, but can't have it all!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps