lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #111
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Kawasaki KVF 700 into EZGo txt?

Brush guard came in today and fortunately, the lower loop will accommodate my lights. It's 5.5" and lights are 4.5"...that would be 13.97cm and11.43 cm for Mr Cartmaster . I'll mount the led light bar beneath the loop. The led will still be higher than a stock height cart. All good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190307_185338.jpg (281.1 KB, 0 views)
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2019, 02:32 AM   #112
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

LOL. At my age i still work in imperial, but a can do metric if i try hard enough.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:31 AM   #113
JRL
Gone Wild

My bad! I thought us'ns was the only folk still using inches and cubits, rods...and stones. You still using British Standard? Owned a couple MGBs and had a few of those.
I think in metric as I spent a good chunk of my life wrenching motorcycles. And marine equipment. All good skills for reinventing a golf cart! I hope this go turns out better than the first...it was a Kaw ZX6E into a Hyundai G1. Mechanically speaking was decent. But that puppy was dangerous at any speed. You could go thru 6 speed in a instant. Just didn't go anywhere. Dug holes. After some considerable thought (not easy at my age) went with this contraption. We'll see how it does if it ever stops raining! Need an ark..not a golf cart.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:15 AM   #114
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Yep, Still use imperial. Even though most of the UK and Europe is metric, my trade needs both as the machines i work on are manufactured worldwide. a large percentage are from the USA! my toolkit is twice the size as most UK technicians as i need both types. I work in the technical, maintenance, repair, and diagnostics of golf course machinery.

Take EZGO etc, built in imperial, fitted with metric engines and most other brands are going that way. Yamaha are all metric as built in Japan!

My son has grown up around imperial too as i made sure his first car was a Classic Mini and he eventually got through quite a few of those in his earlier days plus he has always been with me on school holidays and when he started work after finishing school and college. He now has a career as a grass machinery technician too as of last year.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #115
JRL
Gone Wild

We had some Minis over here. I had one. Bought it with a bad transmission and quickly found out that the tiny car was very complicated (comparably?) to work on. Even the motor mounts required exotica to adjust the pressure. I got rid of it unrepaired. Badly wanted a AH3000...but that wasn't meant to be. Did have a TR3, 2 MGBs and enjoyed all 3.
Oh well, back to carts. I posted in the
"for sale/wanted" section that have need for a front body. Mines screwed. A bit more 'screwed' now that I tried to heat and push out a stretched area. I could use just the center section if cut just outside the sculpted are. The center would be easy to ship too. I'll assume that the front cowl isn't UPS shipable?
Have all lights working without too many issues. The round headlights have H6m bulbs in them. Not good. Ordered two H6m LEDs. Also had the LED light bar tied into the high beam relay. That WON'T work at all. Way too bright. Swapped the bar into it's own switch. Blind someone with that thing. But pleased that the wiring all works as it should.
Also picked up the front driveshaft. $107 bucks poorer, but nice work. All balanced and painted up.
Now if someone has a front '95 and up txt body, and around middle NC or SC, for sale, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190302_170923.jpg (407.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2019, 09:27 PM   #116
JRL
Gone Wild

OK. Belay the front cowl search. Found a new front on Amazon for $200 shipped...? Paint is pretty radical. Probably not a best seller. Whatever.
It'll work for me. Most places wanted $200 to ship the thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41mXYWQ5TlL._AC_SY400_.jpg (14.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2019, 01:11 AM   #117
JRL
Gone Wild

More on the front cowl. The price posted on AMZ was $187. Charged me tax I reckon as total cost, shipped, was $197. Didn't think too much about it until I wanted to show SWMBO what I bough for her. The original listing sez 2 remaining. But, the price of the last inferno red was now $463...? HELL-O!! Read all over the order and not sure what's on the way, but it has the dimensions of a front cowl. And the pictures? Already shipped and will be here Weds.
My thoughts were that I couldn't buy the paint for the cost listed.
I have everything but the color if I stay with Martin Senour system. May match the rear body in solid inferno chrome. See what the front looks like and emulate.
This will be interesting.
I read the the reviews because they were sorta low. Seems as folk are buying the body kits thinking they're getting a complete golf cart. They were leaving one star reviews because they "couldn't drive it"...
Old 03-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #118
JRL
Gone Wild

We have a very nice front cowl! What a deal! $197 shipped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 12575.jpeg (185.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 12574.jpeg (221.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-14-2019, 07:50 PM   #119
JRL
Gone Wild

Every day's Christmas! About to assemble enough 'stuff's to build a cart.. good thing because this project's getting a bit rich!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190314_203855.jpg (461.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-16-2019, 10:30 PM   #120
JRL
Gone Wild

We got light...BIG lighting. Installed ice blue LEDs into my headlights.
Very cool outcome. The low beams are low enough to avoid being obnoxious, but the high beams will burn the bark off trees. So will the light bar.
Installed the radio today. One less hole in the dash..another mile of wiring.
About ready to drive. It runs great...but it heated up today. Probably a bad thermostat. I'll take it out tomorrow and see if any change. Pretty sure that's the problem. Ita been run before and didn't heat up. The thermostat and housing were swapped for an earlier item for improved hose routing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190316_123246.jpg (296.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190316_173531.jpg (350.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190316_173352.jpg (340.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps