lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2022, 01:25 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default HV Relay trip

Ok, I've had this Leaf pack in for a few years but in the last few charge cycles my HV relay has kicked off (AKA....Done it's job). Here's a photo of right after the HV relay kicked out.

My settings were recommended by Serigo back in 2020 (Man...I miss that guy!)

Now....it's obviously that first cell that is reaching the 4.08 max volt before the pack voltage is reaching the set limit of 57V. In fact...adding up the above numbers totals 56.895V. But we all know that the pack will "settle" to it's real charge once the charge cycle stops....and it was yapping (beeping) at me for several minutes before I took this pic.

So, "fishing" for opinions. Should I bump up the Max V Per cell? Or "drain" cell #1 to the limits of the other cells? Or I could set my BMS to it's "Dynamic" setting.

This is from the ZEVA instructions:

By default the BMS16 uses a dynamic balance threshold, where any cells more than 1mV (.001) above the average receive balancing. Or, as The threshold may also be set manually – if so it is best to set it to the average maximum charge voltage, so that only cells above average at the end of a charge receive balancing.My settings are as follows:

Max Charge Voltage: 57
BMS Max Volt per cell: 4.10
Balance V per cell: 4.07
BMS Min V per cell: 3.14
Full V: 56V

Thoughts on the matter?

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO