lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2016, 12:14 PM   #1
c.parry95
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1 Suzuki 340 fan swap

I know there are a ton of G1 swaps out there and I've read through a bunch of them. I have the entire sled to work with for parts and it ran perfect when i pulled the engine. I do not care about reverse. I just want to have a reliable golf cart that will hopefully be faster than stock.. Also I am on a very tight budget.... Golf cart was given to me by a friend a year ago in running shape, and the snowmobile was also free... SO at this point I am zero dollars into this build and I want to stay as close to that as possible. But I have a few questions for you guys that have done these swaps...

1. Has anyone swapped an arctic cat 340 fan engine (see pics) into this style golf cart? I couldn't seem to find anyone online that has. If you have could you post pics of your fab work for engine mounts and such or maybe a forum that is out there for this style engine swap?

2. I have read a ton of things on clutching and blah blah. I'm not trying to get the max speed. Just something with a little more power than the stock one cylinder.... Can I just run the primary clutch that is on snowmobile engine and leave the secondary that's already on the golf cart?

3. I've seen people tearing apart the rear axle, is this necessary? Is there a special gear or something in there that has to be removed for speed or torque or whatever?

Any other tips would be great. I will keep the post updated with pics. I just started yesterday. Pulled the engine from sled and golf cart last night. Now I need to figure out engine mounts before i go any further. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-01-23-11-02-17.jpg (13.9 KB, 0 views)
c.parry95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps