lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
Theocat0
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Bombardier will not go

I will describe symptoms:
When I turn key it clicks as it normally did and wants to engage (sometimes will go a few feet). Originally I suspected that the aux battery was low on power as I assumed there must be a solenoid that wasn't engaging...and charging it up always seems to rectify the problem (the on board charger for some reason doesn't charge this battery and I haven't dropped the pan to find out why). But progressively this was not working until the cart just doesn't not go. Sometimes it would take a few seconds for the cart to engage going from reverse to forward.
I suspect the solenoid (if there is one?)
Theocat0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2000 Bombardier will not go

What in the world is a Bombardier?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok I think I know what it is now, is it a NEV?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Ok I think I know what it is now, is it a NEV?
Yes it is a NEV. Looks like a Smart Car minus doors. Used to have one. 2 speed settings 16 Mph and 25 MPH. Runs on 72 Volts and then has a separate 12v battery to run accessories. Wish I could help with the problem but never worked on it. I do have a repair cd, But I have never even looked at it.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocat0 View Post
I will describe symptoms:
When I turn key it clicks as it normally did and wants to engage (sometimes will go a few feet). Originally I suspected that the aux battery was low on power as I assumed there must be a solenoid that wasn't engaging...and charging it up always seems to rectify the problem (the on board charger for some reason doesn't charge this battery and I haven't dropped the pan to find out why). But progressively this was not working until the cart just doesn't not go. Sometimes it would take a few seconds for the cart to engage going from reverse to forward.
I suspect the solenoid (if there is one?)
You might try posting this in the section on here for Bombardiers. This forum is for Club Cars

CartTrader
Old 08-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
Theocat0
Not Yet Wild

I would love to but where is it?
Theocat
Theocat0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocat0 View Post
I would love to but where is it?
Theocat

It is listed under Electric Carts on the home page.. Harley Davidsons, Melex, Pargo and others are in there too. More people that are into those types read that forum more.. Hope you can find the help you need. By te way I got the repair cd off of Ebay for about $5!!

CartTrader
Old 08-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
Kuffs565
Not Yet Wild

Cart trader can I get a copy of that repair cd?
Kuffs565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #9
btimmer
Not Yet Wild

I just received a '99 Bomb as a freebie. The guy had bought it new for use in our golf community but it started acting up about 4 years ago and he couldn't find anyone to work on it. He got sick of it sitting there with the cover on in his driveway so he gave it to me. I am a retired electrical engineer and seen this as a challenge so started working on it immediately. First I found that the aux. battery was dead as he never pulled the fuse during winter storage. While replacing the battery thru the new cut out that I made in the tunnel, I found that one battery cable was not tight which could have caused some of the problems. It started working somewhat with the new battery but still wouldn't select all of the drive modes correctly. Couldn't get reverse or golf mode except maybe once in a while and the other were intermittent as well. I pulled the switch out and cleaned and inspected. Was a little better but still problems getting all modes. On the third time out with the switch, I found the cause of all of the problems and I am sure this is causing problems on many Bombs. If I looked closely with a magnifying lens, I could see hair line cracks in the solder joints on the rocker switches between the switch posts and foil on circuit board. Not very visible with the naked eye but they were there. I used a fine brass wire brush to clean the connections on all 5 switches and the connector and re-soldered them all, put the switch back in, and now it works like new. If you have any intermittent problems selecting drive modes, look for this issue as I am sure all bombardiers produced have the potential for this issue. Good Luck and hope this helps.
btimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:48 PM   #10
Hazelhoff
Not Yet Wild

Btimmer,

Are you still out there ? I need electrical help on a ‘97 Bombardier ….

Henk
Hazelhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car