lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
wjerlinger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ-Go Stretch Plans

Has anyone purchased these plans or know anyone who has? I'm interested in stretching my cart but I'm not sure I want to pay $90 just for some info. Please post if you've used or heard anything about these plans. Thanks

Here is one ad...

"Detailed plans on stretching a late model Ezgo golfcart. Step by step instructions from start to finish with detailed pictures at each step, a materials list with part numbers, all on computer printable cd. Plus cut out patterns. I guarantee these plans WILL save you a lot of time and money, (more than the cost of these plans) on just the center pod alone! I’ll show you how to modify a new or used rear cowl for the center pod, which makes for a more uniformed overall appearance. My carts are way stronger than the stock shuttles, a stronger drivers back rest, and all open storage by lifting the seat! The plans will enable you to complete the metal work in as little as 10hrs. Plans are for gas and electric 1995~2007 Ezgo TXT.

add $15.00 for shipping/handling in the continental US"

Here is another...

Step by step instructions on how to turn your Ezgo into a stretched limo six seater golf car. Detailed pictures, material list, all part numbers, and patterns, all on printable cd-r. Will show you how to do all the metal fab in as little as 10hrs. Will also show how to: center pod (way stronger than the stock Ezgo pod) create a pod for free, make the stock control cables work, throttle and brake control. I'll show you how turn your LATE model Ezgo (1996~2007) gas or electric into the ultimate limo cart for as little as $600.00 (this est. includes the cost of my plans, center pod assy, all metal, arm rests, seats, alum rockers, and more!). 30 yrs of experience in stretching golfcars! My carts are way stronger than the shuttle carts, a stronger backrest support and all open storage under drivers seat. Don't even use the stock Ezgo shuttle pod, they are junk and crack from a poorly designed mounting surface area, they have no storage capacity and most of all do not match the rear body, with little to no paint and graphics surface. All this for $75.00 plus $15.00 shiping and handling. You would spend more time just thinking about this project than my price! Thanks for your interest.

wjerlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Z400
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-Go Stretch Plans

I wouldnt do it from any plans bought from ebay, do it on your own.

You will be much happier IMO
Z400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
broncobass
Not Yet Wild

if you do good send it to me
broncobass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
XRT
Gone Wild

Club Car

They are very interesting.
I think the limo carts are killer looking!
XRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
wjerlinger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ-Go Stretch Plans - Replies

Z400 - I feel like I need the plans since I have no access to an original limo cart. I don't have any idea what the overall length should be and I've never seen how the longer frame is braced. Basically, I just feel better knowing what I'm getting into before I start.

broncobass - Maybe we could split the cost. I would love to get a few people together to purchase the plans and then all pitch in. $90 is a little more than I want to spend but $45 or less depending on the amount of people pitching in sounds soo much better!

XRT - I think they look awesome too! I've never rode in one or even seen a limo cart in person but the pics I've seen look pretty cool.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
Rob91da
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Honestly, as a guy who does some fabrication on race cars and such at work, I took my EZGO apart and it really is super easy to stretch one with a little confidence, I will probably be stretching mine in the next year sometime when I finally upgrade the drivetrain.

I would say, don't pay someone for knowledge that is freely available, especially if you do a little research, the instructions probably are not THAT detailed anyway.

Just my .02 cents.
Rob91da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #7
bigtony55
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Where are you getting or what are you guys going to use for the new front seatbase?? im going to be stretching and ezgo and club car over the winter
bigtony55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
wjerlinger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ-Go Stretch Plans - Reply

bigtony55 - I haven't gathered enough information to attempt to stretch my cart yet, but the guy selling the plans say that he shows how to modify a factory rear seat and uses that for the front seat.

Quote 1 - "I’ll show you how to modify a new or used rear cowl for the center pod, which makes for a more uniformed overall appearance."

Quote 2 - "Will also show how to: center pod (way stronger than the stock Ezgo pod)"

I think a lot of people buy the middle seat pod. I've seen that one of the BGW site sponsers are selling them. I've heard they are far from cheap though.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
scJohn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-Go Stretch Plans - Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjerlinger View Post
bigtony55 - I haven't gathered enough information to attempt to stretch my cart yet, but the guy selling the plans say that he shows how to modify a factory rear seat and uses that for the front seat.

Quote 1 - "I’ll show you how to modify a new or used rear cowl for the center pod, which makes for a more uniformed overall appearance."

Quote 2 - "Will also show how to: center pod (way stronger than the stock Ezgo pod)"

I think a lot of people buy the middle seat pod. I've seen that one of the BGW site sponsers are selling them. I've heard they are far from cheap though.
I would like to pitch in on the plans also. I will be attempting this next summer. I would like to start gathering everything I need during the winter months.
scJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:41 AM   #10
bigtony55
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Anymore info on this just picked up 96 ezgo project cart i want to stretch??
bigtony55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"stretchman" plans ???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center