lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #1
Jgtogo1090!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 Club car DS super slow response

I just bought a 2001 Club car DS 48v at auction. it has an array of problems but going to tackle them one at a time... before I go into it, I did test the batteries and getting a little over 50 V, so batteries aren't shot. first problem is when you depress the throttle pedal, it doesn't go anywhere initially then it slowly winds up and goes after ten seconds or so and gradually builds up speed. every time you stop same thing. if you stop on an incline, you are DONE. and even when it does get going it seems like it is down on power. I replaced solenoid right off the bat, no difference. I have an MCOR to put in it just in case it is that.... am I going in the right direction? I don't know much about these things. I did notice who ever had this cart before me put a cable from the main power on the battery pack to the power on the solenoid? (what is this for?) because when I unhooked it the cart wouldn't do anything at all.... Controller? any help would be much appreciated.
Jgtogo1090! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2021, 06:06 PM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club car DS super slow response

Post the serial # if you can...50.9 volts is a fully charged pack...You have to test the batteries under load if you didn't ...Put your meter on pack pos and neg and take it for a drive..They should not drop below 42v...Then do the same on each battery...They should not drop below 7v...
The cable from pack pos to one of the large terminals of the solenoid is correct...The other side cable goes to B+ on the controller...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car